Look Back and Laugh
|Origin||Oakland, California, United States|
|Genres||Punk, 1980s hardcore, thrashcore|
|Labels||Ebullition, Lengua Armada Discos, Maximumrocknroll, Deranged Records|
|Associated acts||Yaphett Kotto, Dead and Gone, Destroy, Talk Is Poison, Lesser of Two|
|Past members||Casey Watson |
Look Back and Laugh was formed by former members of the bands Yaphett Kotto, Dead and Gone, Destroy, Talk Is Poison, and Lesser of Two. The band was formed as a hobby by its members who wanted to focus on other priorities in their life while still having a musical outlet. Despite this the band released three full-length albums in its three-year existence on two prominent independent labels Ebullition and Lengua Armada Discos.
Look Back and Laugh plays a mixture of 1980s-style hardcore punk and Southern California thrashcore. The music style was chosen to reflect some of the members' early musical influences. The name, Look Back and Laugh, was chosen to represent this choice because of its literal meaning, as well as the fact that it is the title of a song by Minor Threat, an 1980s hardcore punk band.
- 2004: Look Back and Laugh - CD Ebullition Records
- 2005: By The Pound - CD Lengua Armada Discos
- 2006: Street Terrorism - 7" Deranged Records
- 2006: Public Safety - Compilation L.P. Maximumrocknroll
- 2007: State Of Illusion - CD Lengua Armada Discos
- "Feature: Interviews – Look Back And Laugh". Scenepointblank.com. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-06-12. Retrieved 2010-02-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Lesser of Two music, videos, stats, and photos". Last.fm. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- Crumsho, Michael. "No Ambition, No Problem". East Bay Express. Retrieved 24 September 2020.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-08-11. Retrieved 2010-02-24.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Wholesale Catalog: Full List". Ebullition.com. Retrieved 24 September 2020.