The local municipality, (municipalité locale) is the lowest unit of local government in Quebec and is distinguish it from the higher-level regional county municipality, or RCM, a municipal government at the supralocal level.
Eight municipalities are further subdivided into boroughs.
There are also eleven agglomerations grouping a number of municipalities and exercising some of the powers that would be exercised by a municipality elsewhere in Quebec.
With the exception of some Aboriginal communities, municipalities are governed by the Towns and Cities Act and the Municipal Code of Québec.
- List of municipalities in Quebec
- List of communities in Quebec
- Types of municipalities in Quebec
- Municipal history of Quebec
- Municipal reorganization in Quebec
- Urban agglomerations of Quebec
- List of boroughs in Quebec
- Administrative divisions of Quebec
- Regional county municipality
- Kativik Regional Government