This is a list of newspapers in Texas, United States.
Daily, weekly, and other newspapers
- The Battalion – Texas A&M University
- The Baylor Lariat – Baylor University
- The Collegian – Houston Baptist University
- The Daily Campus - Southern Methodist University
- The Daily Cougar – University of Houston
- TCU Daily Skiff – Texas Christian University
- The Daily Texan – University of Texas at Austin
- The Daily Toreador – Texas Tech University
- The Dateline Downtown – University of Houston–Downtown
- The East Texan – Texas A&M University-Commerce
- The Flame – University of Houston–Victoria
- Hilltop Views – St. Edward's University
- The Houstonian – Sam Houston State University
- The Mercury – The University of Texas at Dallas
- North Texas Daily – University of North Texas
- The Pacer – Angelina College
- The Paisano – University of Texas at San Antonio
- The Pine Log – Stephen F. Austin State University
- The Prospector – University of Texas at El Paso
- Ram Page – Angelo State University
- The Rattler – St. Mary's University
- Rice Thresher – Rice University
- The Shorthorn – University of Texas at Arlington
- The Signal – University of Houston–Clear Lake
- Trinitonian – Trinity University
- University Press – Lamar University
- The University Star – Texas State University
- The Logos – University of the Incarnate Word
|Buena Suerte Spanish Newspaper||Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio||Spanish|
|El Diario de El Paso||El Paso||Spanish|
|Diario La Estrella||Fort Worth|
|El Hispano News||Dallas||Spanish|
|El Periodico USA||McAllen||Spanish|
|Rumbo de San Antonio||San Antonio||Spanish|
|The Texas Telegraph||Dallas||Russian|
- Brooks City-Base Discovery
- Fort Hood Herald
- Fort Hood Sentinel
- JBSA Legacy
- Kelly USA Observer
- Medical Patriot
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (September 2013)
- Texas media
- Category:Journalists from Texas
- Press Women of Texas
- Journalism schools:
- University of Texas Moody College of Communication, in Austin
- Abilene Christian University College of Arts and Sciences Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Texas Christian University Schieffer College of Communication, Dept. of Journalism (est. 1927), in Fort Worth
- Texas State University School of Journalism and Mass Communication, in San Marcos 
- University of Houston Valenti School of Communication
- University of North Texas Mayborn School of Journalism, in Denton
- Texas literature
- Gannett Co., Inc., Our Brands: Texas, McLean, Virginia, retrieved June 22, 2020
- "Newspapers". Austin: Texas Press Association. Retrieved March 21, 2017.
- "Southern Press". The South in the Building of the Nation. 7. Richmond, VA: Southern Historical Publication Society. 1909. pp. 402–436.
Date of establishment of leading Southern newspapers
- "Newspapers". New York: Hearst Communications Inc. Retrieved April 11, 2017.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc., "Daily Newspapers: Texas" (PDF), 2016 Annual Report, Omaha, Nebraska
- About Us, Plano, TX: Star Local Media, retrieved April 14, 2017
- "U.S. Daily Newspapers, 2012". World Almanac and Book of Facts 2014. USA: World Almanac Books. ISSN 0084-1382. via Google Books
- "Our Markets". Sacramento, California: McClatchy Company. Retrieved March 26, 2017.
- Coulter, Ryan (2019-02-04). "Hereford newspaper shuts down after 118 years in business". KVII. Retrieved 2019-02-05.
- Gaglione, Melissa (February 6, 2019). "Hereford newspaper gets second chance after former employee purchases the publication". newschannel10.com. KFDA NewsChannel 10. Retrieved 2019-02-09.
- "The Corpus Christi Star". The Portal to Texas History. University of North Texas Libraries. Retrieved 2013-09-10.
- "JBSA to move to consolidated newspaper". Wingspread. December 23, 2016. Retrieved August 2, 2017.
- "US Newspaper Directory: Texas". Chronicling America. Washington DC: Library of Congress. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- "About TCU Journalism". Texas Christian University. Retrieved March 24, 2017.
- S. N. D. North; United States Department of the Interior (1884). "Catalogue of Periodical Publications: Texas". History and Present Condition of the Newspaper and Periodical Press of the United States. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office. OCLC 1850475.
- James T. Haley, ed. (1895), "Newspapers: Texas", Afro-American Encyclopaedia, Nashville: Haley & Florida, OCLC 219597043
- "Texas". American Newspaper Directory. New York: George P. Rowell. 1900. pp. 1007+.
- F. B. Baillio (1916). History of the Texas Press Association. Dallas: Southwestern Printing Company.
- Eugene C. Barker (1917). "Notes on Early Texas Newspapers, 1819-1836". Southwestern Historical Quarterly. 21 (2): 127–144. JSTOR 30234745.
- "Texas". American Newspaper Annual & Directory. Philadelphia: N. W. Ayer & Son. 1922. pp. 949+.
- History of the Texas Press and the Texas Press Association (Dallas: Harben-Spotts, 1929)
- Federal Writers' Project (1940), "Newspapers and Radio", Texas: A Guide to the Lone Star State, American Guide Series, New York: Hastings House, pp. 120–124 – via HathiTrust
- Works Progress Administration (1941). Texas newspapers, 1813-1939: A union list of newspaper files available in offices of publishers, libraries, and a number of private collections. Houston.
- John Melton Wallace (1966), Gaceta to Gazette: A Check List of Texas Newspapers, 1813-1846
- G. Thomas Tanselle (1971). "General Studies: Texas". Guide to the Study of United States Imprints. Harvard University Press. p. 881. ISBN 978-0-674-36761-6. (Includes information about newspapers)
- Marilyn M. Sibley, Lone Stars and State Gazettes: Texas Newspapers before the Civil War (College Station: Texas A&M University Press, 1983)
- M. Buchholz (1990). "Racial References in the Texas Press, 1813-1836". Journalism Quarterly. 67 (3): 586–591. doi:10.1177/107769909006700314.
- James McEnteer (1992). Fighting Words: Independent Journalists in Texas. University of Texas Press. ISBN 978-0-292-73616-0.
- Charlene Rose Vandini (2000). It's Not about the Money: Small-town Newspapering in Texas. Eakin Press. ISBN 978-1-57168-434-9.
- News in Texas: Essays in Honor of the 125th Anniversary of the Texas Press Association. University of Texas Press. 2005.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Newspapers of Texas.|
- "Texas Digital Newspaper Program". The Portal to Texas History.
- "Newspapers", Handbook of Texas, Texas State Historical Association
- University of Texas at San Antonio Libraries. "San Antonio & Texas Newspapers". Research Guides.
- "Texas Newspapers by Ethnic, Religious Professional, or Political Orientation". Dolph Briscoe Center for American History, University of Texas at Austin.
- Penny Abernathy, "The Expanding News Desert: Texas", Usnewsdeserts.com, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. (Survey of local news existence and ownership in 21st century)
- "News: Newspapers: Regional: United States: Texas". DMOZ. AOL. (Directory ceased in 2017)
- "Historic Mexican and Mexican American Press". University of Arizona Libraries. (Publicly accessible digital library including newspapers published in El Paso)
- "Texas Newspapers". Historical U.S. Newspapers Online. Library Guides. Ohio: Bowling Green State University.
Newspapers that are freely available on the Internet
- "Southwest". Historical African American Newspapers Available Online. Subject Guides. Poughkeepsie, NY: Marist College Library. (Includes Texas newspapers)
- International Coalition on Newspapers. "Newspaper Digitization Projects: United States: Texas". Chicago: Center for Research Libraries.
- University of Florida. "Texas". NewspaperCat: Catalog of Digital Historical Newspapers. Gainesville.
- "Texas". N-Net: the Newspaper Network on the World Wide Web. Archived from the original on February 15, 1997.
- "Texas Newspapers". AJR News Link. American Journalism Review. Archived from the original on November 16, 1999.
- "United States: Texas". NewsDirectory.com. Toronto: Tucows Inc. Archived from the original on November 18, 2001.