This is a list of the top newspapers in India by circulation. These figures include both print and digital subscriptions, are compiled by the Audit Bureau of Circulations. The figures include normal print editions, branded print editions (e.g., regional editions or editions tailored for commuters), and digital subscriptions (e.g., for tablet computers or restricted-access).
Circulation figures try to estimate the number of copies sold, while readership figures are usually higher as they tend to estimate the number of people who actually read the newspaper. Typically, readership tends to be 2.5 times circulation, though this may be higher or lower depending on individual cases.
|S.No||Newspaper||Language||Headquarters||June - December (2019)|
|3||The Times of India||English||Mumbai||2,880,144|
|6||Hindustan Dainik||Hindi||New Delhi||2,221,566|
|15||Hindustan Times||English||New Delhi||1,072,966|
|17||Ananda Bazar Patrika||Bengali||Kolkata||1,046,607|
- List of newspapers in the world by circulation
- List of newspapers in India by readership
- List of newspapers in the United States
- List of newspapers in the United Kingdom
- List of newspapers in Bangladesh by circulation
- "Circulation vs readership". The basics of sellign newspaper advertising. McLinnis and associates. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Submission of circulation figures for the audit period Jul –Dec 2018" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 21 December 2018.
- "Highest Circulated Dailies, Weeklies & Magazines amongst Member Publications (across languages)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 10 January 2020.
- "Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers 2018 (language wise)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Details of language wise most circulated dailies for the audit period Jul – Dec 2018 by Audit Bureau of Circulations
- Details of language wise most circulated dailies for the audit period Jan – Jun 2018 by Audit Bureau of Circulations
- Audit Bureau of Circulation