The magazine sector in Austria is under the dominance of Germany. This influence decreased at the end of the 1990s, but it continued on the women's magazines and fashion magazines. However, business magazines have not been subject to the dominance of Germany. The major fields of Austrian magazines are news, popular science and special interest topics. On the other hand, since the Austrian press market is divided between magazines and newspapers, magazines have a significant function in the press market.
- Ulrike Felt; Martina Erlemann (2002). "The Austrian media landscape: Mass-production of public images of science and technology". Universität Wien. Archived from the original on 13 October 2013. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
- "Presse, Druckschriften". Austria Forum. Retrieved 12 October 2013.
- Dick Hendrikse (March 1986). "It Pays to Regionalize". Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management.
- "Communications Report 2005" (Report). Rundfunk and Telekom Regulierungs GmbH. Retrieved 1 January 2015.
- "Feminist art magazines or women artists magazines and newsletters". KT Press. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Martina Böse; Regina Haberfellner; Ayhan Koldas (2001). "Mapping Minorities and their Media: The National Context – Austria" (PDF). Centre for Social Innovation. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Top 50 Special Interest magazines worldwide (by circulation)" (PDF). Magazine Organization. Retrieved 28 March 2015.
- Anne Austin; et al. (2008). "Western Europe Market & Media Fact" (PDF). ZenithOptimedia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 February 2015. Retrieved 8 April 2015.