This list includes all homesteads in Western Australia with a gazetted name.
This list is complete with respect to the 1996 Gazetteer of Australia. Dubious names have been checked against the online 2004 data, and in all cases confirmed correct. However, if any homesteads have been gazetted or deleted since 1996, this list does not reflect these changes. Strictly speaking, Australian place names are gazetted in capital letters only; the names in this list have been converted to mixed case in accordance with normal capitalisation conventions.
Homesteads do not necessarily equate to current legally constituted Pastoral leases as identified by Landgate Western Australia - some might correlate to stations of the same name, but cannot be taken as specific identifiers of lands considered to be pastoral leases or stations.
Considerable numbers of homesteads - although identified and located by co-ordinates are not necessarily viable residences or locations - on maps of Australia, many homesteads are identified as either Ruins, and Abandoned Homesteads
- Gazetteer of Australia (1996). Belconnen, ACT: Australian Surveying and Land Information Group.
- "Place names of Australia". Geoscience Australia. 2004. Retrieved 30 July 2006.
- Hema Maps Outback and Desert maps have both categories after names of identified homesteads: - Gordon Downs, Durack River and Mouhnt Celia as abandoned - and Billinooka, Nita Downs and Robertson Range as ruins
- Streetsmart Travellers Atlas of Western Australia (2006) Department of Land Information and West Australian Newspapers, 9th ed. ISBN 1-921048-13-1
- In the state Maps (Road Maps of Western Australia Maps 1-154) 'Pastoral Lease Stations' are identified with their names and boundaries, and in some cases homesteads can be identified.
- Quality Publishing Australia. (2007) Roads & tracks Western Australia : campsites directory, roads and tracks, all in one Jolimont, W.A., Quality Publishing Australia, 5th ed ISBN 1876723351
- Identifies homesteads.
- UBD Western Australia country road atlas (2005) Macquarie Park, N.S.W. UBD, a division of Universal Publishers, 11th ed ISBN 0-7319-1587-9
- Identifies homesteads.)