This list of freight ship companies is arranged by country. Companies listed own and/or operate bulk carriers, car carriers, container ships, Roll-on/roll-off (for freight), and tankers. For a list of companies that own and operate passenger ships (cruise ships, cargo-passenger ships, and ferries), see List of passenger ship companies.
" " - Call sign or common name, ( ) - Parent company or conglomerate, > - Previous company name, >> - Company name in local language
- China COSCO Shipping "COSCO" (State-owned enterprise)
- Sinotrans (HK) Shipping "Sinotrans" (State-owned enterprise)
- Anglo-Eastern Group
- Fleet Management Limited
- The China Navigation Company (Swire Group, UK)
- Jinhui Shipping and Transport (Jinhui Holdings)
- Orient Overseas Container Line "OOCL"
- Pacific Basin Shipping Limited
- Mercator Limited
- Shipping Corporation of India (State-owned enterprise)
- Dredging Corporation of India (State-owned enterprise)
- Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Lines "IRISL" (IRISL Group)
- Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha "K Line" - BC, CC, CS, RR, TK
- Mitsui O.S.K. Lines "MOL" (Mitsui Group) - BC, CC, CS, RR, TK
- Nippon Yusen Kaisha "NYK" (Mitsubishi Group) - BC, CC, CS, RR, TK
- Ocean Network Express
- Toyofuji Shipping
- Nissan Motor Car Carrier
- BW Offshore
- Hong Lam Marine
- Synergy Marine Group
- Tanker Pacific
- Neptune Orient Lines "NOL" (Temasek Holdings)
- Pacific International Lines "PIL"
- Hanjin Shipping (Hanjin Group) - BC, CS, RR, TK, CC
- Hyundai Glovis
- Hyundai Merchant Marine "HMM" (Hyundai Group) -CC, BC, CS, RR, TK
- STX Pan Ocean
- Bahri (company) "formerly NSCSA"
- Compagnie Maritime Belge "CMB"
- Euro Marine Logistics
- Regie voor Maritiem Transport (State-owned enterprise)
- Dampskibsselskabet Norden "D/S Norden"
- Dampskibsselskabet Torm "Torm"
- DFDS Tor Line (DFDS A/S)
- East Asiatic Company
- J. Lauritzen A/S
- Maersk Line (A. P. Moller-Maersk Group)
- Martin Bencher (Scandinavia) A/S
- F. Laeisz
- Hamburg Süd (From 1 December 2017 under ownership of Maersk)
- H. Vogemann
- Deutsche Afrika-Linien
- K Line European Sea Highway Services "KESS"
- Oldendorff Carriers
- Aker American Shipping (Aker Group)
- Awilco LNG
- Bergesen Worldwide (BW Group)
- Camillo Eitzen & Co ASA (Eitzen Group)
- Christensen Canadian African Lines
- Color Group AS
- Det Stavangerske Dampskibsselskab "DSD"
- Norwegian Car Carriers AS "NOCC"
- Eitzen Chemical (Eitzen Group)
- Eitzen Maritime Services ASA (Eitzen Group)
- Farstad Shipping
- First Olsen Tankers
- Fred. Olsen & Co.
- GC Rieber Shipping
- Golar LNG
- Green Reefers
- Grieg Shipping
- Havila Shipping
- I. M. Skaugen
- J. J. Ugland
- J. Ludwig Mowinckels Rederi
- Knutsen O.A.S. Shipping AS
- Kristian Jebsens Rederi "Jebsens"
- Leif Höegh & Co
- Nor Lines
- Siem Shipping
- Solstad Offshore
- Grieg Star Shipping
- United European Car Carriers
- Waterfront Shipping
- Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics "WW" (Wallenius Lines AB, Sweden, and Wilh. Wilhelmsen Holding ASA, Norway)
- Wilh. Wilhelmsen Holding ASA "Wilhelmsen"
- Western Bulk
- Wilson ASA
- Polsteam > Polish Steamship Company >>Polska Zegluga Morska "PZM"
- Far East Shipping Company "FESCO"
- Sakhalin Shipping Company " SASCO"
- Sovcomflot "SCF" >Sovtorgflot
- Compañía Transatlántica Española "Spanish Line"
- Brostrom (from 2008 a part of A.P. Moller-Maersk)
- Johnson Line (Nordstjernan)
- Stena Sphere
- Wallenius Lines AB, (Soya Group)
- African & Eastern Trade Corporation
- African Steamship Company
- Anchor Line
- Alfred Holt and Company "Blue Funnel Line"
- Blue Star Line
- Bristol City Line
- British India Steam Navigation Company "British India Line"
- Clan Line
- Douglas Steamship Company (Hong Kong)
- Elder Dempster Line
- Ellerman Line
- Evan Thomas Radcliffe
- Fyffes Line
- Harrison Line
- Hong Kong, Canton & Macao Steamboat Company (Hong Kong)
- Loch Line
- London & Overseas Freighters
- Manchester Liners
- New Zealand Shipping Company
- Olau Line
- Orient Steam Navigation Company "Orient Line"
- OT Africa Line (CMA CGM, France)
- Overseas Containers Limited
- Pacific Steam Navigation Company
- Palm Line
- Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company "P&O" (DP World, UAE)
- P&O Nedlloyd (Merged into A. P. Moller-Maersk Group, )
- Port Line
- Red Star Line
- Royal Mail Lines
- Sea Containers "SEACO" (Headquarter in UK, and Bermuda)
- Shaw, Savill & Albion Line
- Silver Line
- Union-Castle Line
- United Africa Company
- American Roll-on Roll-off Carrier
- Crowley Maritime
- Matson Navigation Company
- Pasha Hawaii
- Waterman Steamship Corporation
- Pacific Forum Line "PFL"