The following is a list of explorers. Their common names, countries of origin (modern and former), centuries when they were active and main areas of exploration are listed below.
- Age of Discovery
- Exploration of Asia
- List of explorations
- List of lost expeditions
- List of female explorers and travelers
- List of maritime explorers
- List of Russian explorers
- List of travelers
- Maritime timeline
- Portuguese discoveries
- Silk Road
- Spice trade
- The Exploration Museum
- Timeline of maritime migration and exploration
- Trans-Saharan trade
- Travel literature
- Ancient Silk Road Travellers
- Battuta's Travels: Part Three - Persia and Iraq Archived 2008-04-23 at the Wayback Machine
- "Memoirs and Travels of Mauritius Augustus Count de Benyowsky: Consisting of His Military Operations in Poland, His Exile into Kamchatka, His Escape and Voyage from that Peninsula through the Northern Pacific Ocean, Touching at Japan and Formosa, to Canton in China, with an Account of the French Settlement He Was Appointed to Form upon the Island of Madagascar". World Digital Library. 1790. Retrieved 2013-07-06.
- Giovanni Caboto.
- Cristoforo Colombo.
- Hassanein Bey
- Kamchatka, Caucasus, Siberia.
- "Sahara and Sudan: The Results of Six Years Travel in Africa". World Digital Library. 1879–1889. Retrieved 2013-10-02.
- New South Wales, southeastern Queensland.
- Sir Paul de Strzelecki.
- U.S. Pacific Coast, Pacific Northwest.
- Allegheny Mountains, Cumberland Plateau.