- ^1 REK is common IATA code for Keflavík International Airport (IATA: KEF) and Reykjavík Airport (IATA: RKV).
- ^2 RIO is common IATA code for Rio de Janeiro–Galeão International Airport (IATA: GIG), Santos Dumont Airport (IATA: SDU) and Santa Cruz Air Force Base (IATA: SNZ).
- ^3 ROM is common IATA code for Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino Airport (IATA: FCO) and Ciampino–G. B. Pastine International Airport (IATA: CIA).
- General references
- "IATA Airline and Airport Code Search". International Air Transport Association.
- "United Nations Code for Trade and Transport Locations". UN/LOCODE 2011-2. UNECE. 28 February 2012. - includes IATA codes
- "ICAO Location Indicators by State" (PDF). International Civil Aviation Organization. 17 September 2010.
- Aviation Safety Network - IATA and ICAO airport codes
- Great Circle Mapper - IATA, ICAO and FAA airport codes
- Specific citations