This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2021)
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Lielirbe (Livonian: Īra) is a populated place in Tārgale parish, Ventspils municipality, Latvia. One of the twelve Livonian villages on Līvõd rānda - the Livonian Coast. Other names: Liyelirbe, Gross Irben, Lielirbes Ciems
Born in Lielirbe:
- Mārtiņš Lepste (Livonian: Maŗt Lepst ) (1881-1958) — Livonian sailor and teacher on the Liv coast in 1923–1938, chairman of the Livonian Union in 1924–1933.
- Didriķis Blūms (1893-1970) — conductor of Lielirbe choir.
- Emīlija Rulle (1910-1989) — a poet.
- Valda Blūma-Šuvcāne (1923-2007) — researcher of the Livonian culture and history.
- "The teaching of Livonian in the coast schools was undertaken by the Livonian sailor Maŗt Lepst, who ended up riding on horseback from town to town, teaching at each school one day a week." Virtual Livonia. History. The Second National Awakening.