|Founded||1979 - Ramat Gan, Israel|
Number of locations
|3 main offices:|
|Products||Natural Fancy Color Diamonds|
Number of employees
Leibish & Company is a multinational online retailer of fancy color diamonds, color diamond jewelry, and rare gemstones. The company was founded in 1979 and opened its retail website in 1995. Leibish & Co. offers a wide range of natural fancy color diamonds that are found in any one of 12 colors, with over 90 secondary hues, 9 intensity levels, and over 230 color combinations.
The company’s head office operates out of the Israel Diamond Exchange, and they have main offices in New York City and Hong Kong. The company also has hubs in the UK, India, Australia, Belgium, and most recently Shanghai, and Shenzhen.
The company now known as Leibish & Co. began in 1979 when Leibish Polnauer sold his first brown diamonds to Garrard, the British Royal Crown Jeweler. He spent the next decade growing and establishing his reputation in the diamond industry. In 1990, Leibish, who specialized from the start of his career in manufacturing fancy shaped goods, started a 15 year partnership with Joske Herskovits. The business they formed focused on fancy colors and fancy shapes. In 1995, when the website was first launched, Leibish & Co. became one of the first diamond companies to launch an online portal. At the time, the website was called www.fancydiamonds.net. Their goal was to utilize the Internet as a marketing, customer service, and sales tool in order to reach a wider spectrum of international customers. In 2005, Leibish split with Herskovitz and took the company under his wing, together with his children forming the company as it is today.
In September 2011, Leibish introduced a jewelry insurance to protect the purchase of its customers.
In 2014, Leibish & Co. rebranded their company and changed the website to www.leibish.com. In that same year, the company partnered with Chinese ecommerce platform Kela to launch a website in Chinese.
Leibish & Co. offers a large privately owned collections of natural fancy color diamonds online. The company also manufactures and sells their in-house designed color diamond jewelry and gemstone jewelry.
Leibish & Co.’s business model is divided between the traditional diamond trade and their core business operations through the Leibish website. Through the website, users can utilize the Design Your Own tool, which enables the client to custom design their own unique jewelry orders.
Leibish & Co. is a certified member of the WFDB (World Federation of Diamond Bourses), NCDIA (Natural Color Diamond Association), IDE (Israel Diamond Exchange), IDI (Israel Diamond Institute), RapNet, IDEX, and GemIT.
Leibish & Co. diamonds are all sourced from conflict-free, legitimate sources (in compliance with the KPCS Resolutions), including Argyle in Australia, and vast mines in Africa, India and Russia. Loose diamonds and diamond jewelry each account for about half of Leibish & Co.’s yearly sales.
- 2014: JCK Jewelers Choice Award for Jewelry Design in the $10,000 and up category
- "Due to Customer Demand: Leibish & Co. Introduces Jewelry Insurance". Cloud Computing Magazine. September 27, 2011.
- Begoña Alonso (April 10, 2013). "ERES UNA JOYA! Diamonds by El Corte Inglés". Elle Magazine. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- "El Corte Inglés partners with Leibish". JNA - Daily News For The Asian Jewellery Business, Gem Trade And Watch Industry. April 18, 2013.
- "Leibish & Co. Partners With Ecommerce Giant Kela in China". Rapaport - Diamonds.net. June 11, 2014.
- Danielle Max (June 12, 2014). "Leibish & Co. Partners with Chinese E-tailer Kela". IDEX Online News.
- "Leibish & Co. Continue to Impress at Prestigious Argyle Diamond Tender". Benzinga. November 14, 2011.
- "Color is king in fancy diamonds". ISRAEL21c. January 10, 2013.
- "Design Your Own Diamond Engagement Ring". Leibish.com.
- Leibish Company Profile, The Official Israel Diamond Industry Portal, archived from the original on 2015-01-24, retrieved 2015-01-25
- Anthony DeMarco. "Coloured Diamond Sales Strong At All Price Points". Natural Color Diamond Association - New York, NY - NCDIA. Archived from the original on 2014-01-04. Retrieved 2019-10-05.
- "The Beginning: A Young Man and a Brown Diamond". Israel Diamond Industry. March 26, 2012. Archived from the original on January 24, 2015. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- Rapaport News. "Profile: Leibish Polnauer". IDEX Online News.
- "IDEX online - Supplier Details". International Diamond Exchange.
- "54.8 Carat Diamond Bracelet Steals Hearts". Orange County Bride - ocbridemag.com. 2014.