|Lehigh Valley Phantoms|
|2021–22 AHL season|
|League||American Hockey League|
|Home arena||PPL Center|
|Colors||Black, orange, electric blue, white|
|Owner(s)||The Brooks Group (Robert and Jim Brooks)|
|General manager||Chuck Fletcher|
|Head coach||Ian Laperriere|
|Media||The Morning Call|
WFMZ-TV channel 69
WAEB (AM) - AM 790
WSAN - AM 1470
Service Electric Cable TV2 Sports
|Affiliates||Philadelphia Flyers (NHL)|
Reading Royals (ECHL)
|2014–present||Lehigh Valley Phantoms|
|Division Championships||1 (2017–18)|
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms are a professional ice hockey team in the American Hockey League (AHL) based at the PPL Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania, a core city of the Lehigh Valley. The Phantoms franchise has been the top minor league affiliate for the NHL's Philadelphia Flyers since the 1996–97 season, previously playing in Philadelphia as the Philadelphia Phantoms until 2009, and in Glens Falls, New York, as the Adirondack Phantoms until 2014.
In March 2011, plans were announced for a new arena, the PPL Center, in the downtown area of Allentown, Pennsylvania. Demolition at the arena site began in January 2012. In February 2012, it was announced that the Adirondack Phantoms, a franchise that originated as the Philadelphia Phantoms, would relocate to the PPL Center in Allentown from Glens Falls, New York. The franchise originally intended to begin play in Allentown in 2013, but due to litigation over the construction of PPL Center, the team did not play until the 2014–15 AHL season. The purple color used since the team's inception was replaced by electric blue when the team relocated to the Lehigh Valley.
The arena has been consistently full. During the 2015–16 season, the PPL Center was filled at a 97.9% capacity on average, and had 24 sellouts in the 38 Phantoms home games, including the last 13. The Phantoms finished seventh in the AHL attendance rankings with an average of 8,244 fans, surpassed only by teams with larger venues.
On August 13, 2014, the Phantoms introduced their new mascot, "meLVin". meLVin wears the number 55, which is LV in Roman numerals. The LV refers to "Lehigh Valley". He became the third mascot for the Phantoms' franchise, after "Phlex" (Philadelphia Phantoms) and "Dax" (Adirondack Phantoms).
|Calder Cup Champions||Conference Champions||Division Champions||League leader|
Records as of May 16, 2021.
|2014–15||76||33||35||—||7||1||74||.487||194||237||4th, East||2015||Did not qualify|
|2015–16||76||34||35||—||4||3||75||.493||215||222||7th, Atlantic||2016||Did not qualify|
|2016–17||76||48||23||—||5||0||101||.664||260||219||2nd, Atlantic||2017||L, 2–3, HER||—||—||—|
|2017–18||76||47||19||—||5||5||104||.684||260||218||1st, Atlantic||2018||W, 3–1, PRO||W, 4–1, CHA||L, 0–4, TOR||—|
|2018–19||76||39||30||—||4||3||85||.559||240||244||5th, Atlantic||2019||Did not qualify|
|2019–20||62||24||28||—||3||7||58||.468||161||186||7th, Atlantic||2020||Season cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic|
|2020–21||32||18||7||1[a]||4||2||43||.672||96||92||2nd, North||2021||No playoffs were held|
|Totals||474||243||177||1||32||21||540||.570||1426||1418||2 playoff appearances|
As of the 2019–20 season
- Single season
- Goals: Greg Carey, 31 (2017–18)
- Assists: Phil Varone, 47 (2017–18)
- Points: Phil Varone, 70 (2017–18)
- Penalty minutes: Jay Rosehill, 219 (2014–15)
- GAA: Jean-Francois Berube, 2.56 (2019–20)
- SV%: Rob Zepp, .917 (2014–15)
- Wins: Alex Lyon (2016–17), 27
- Shutouts: Dustin Tokarski (2017–18), 5
- Goaltending records need a minimum 25 games played by the goaltender
- Career goals: Greg Carey, 103
- Career assists: Chris Conner, 128
- Career points: Chris Conner, 199
- Career penalty minutes: Tyrell Goulbourne, 313
- Career goaltending wins: Alex Lyon, 73
- Career shutouts: Alex Lyon, 6
- Career games: Greg Carey, 277
- Second All-Star Team
- T.J. Brennan 2017–18
- Terry Murray: 2014–2015
- Scott Gordon: 2015–2018, 2019–2021
- Kerry Huffman: interim 2018–19 season
- Ian Laperriere: 2021–present
- Kraus, Scott; Assad, Matt (November 14, 2012). "Allentown's hockey team will be Lehigh Valley Phantoms". The Morning Call. Retrieved June 6, 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Phantoms' Allentown hockey arena details revealed in construction documents - Morning Call
- Phantoms Leave Fans Optimistic For 2016-17
- "Phantoms' new mascot, meLVin, makes his debut". The Morning Call. August 13, 2014. Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- Hockeydb.com, Lehigh Valley Phantoms season statistics and records.
- "Game Preview – Phantoms at Devils – Game #22". Lehigh Valley Phantoms. April 26, 2021.
- "Roster - Lehigh Valley Phantoms". Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- "Lehigh Valley Phantoms Roster". American Hockey League. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- "Lehigh Valley Phantoms Transactions". American Hockey League. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- "Lehigh Valley Phantoms Statistics and History". HockeyDB. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
- "Phantoms' Varone voted AHL MVP". AHL. Retrieved May 14, 2018.
- "2016-17 AHL First, Second All-Star Teams unveiled". Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- "2017-18 AHL First, Second All-Star Teams unveiled". Retrieved 2018-05-14.
- "Phantoms/Flyers Organization Mutually Agree to Part Ways with Phantoms Head Coach Scott Gordon". OurSports Central. May 18, 2021.
- "Ian Laperriere Named Phantoms Head Coach". Lehigh Valley Phantoms. June 5, 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lehigh Valley Phantoms.|