Lauren Scruggs Kennedy is an American fashion blogger and author who received international media attention after a December 3, 2011 incident in which she walked into a spinning propeller, losing her left eye and severing her left hand. On August 9, 2012, she made her first public appearance following the accident during an interview on the Today show.
Her first book, Still Lolo: A Spinning Propeller, a Horrific Accident, and a Family's Journey of Hope, was published in 2012 and her second book, Your Beautiful Heart, was released in March 2015.
She is founder of the Lauren Scruggs Kennedy Foundation, which provides prostheses to women in need.
- "Injured model settles insurance claim from plane accident: Lauren Scruggs lost eye and hand in collision with spinning propeller". msnbc.com. March 28, 2012. Archived from the original on March 30, 2012. Retrieved June 3, 2014.
- Murray, Rheana (August 9, 2012). "Model Lauren Scruggs makes first public appearance after losing eye, hand to plane's propeller". New York Daily News.
- "Lauren Scruggs 'Today Show' Appearance: Model Injured In Plane Accident Gives First Interview". The Huffington Post. August 9, 2012.
- "Lauren Scruggs and Jason Kennedy Are Engaged". 31 May 2014. Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Exclusive: Jason Kennedy and Lauren Scruggs Are Married!". Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Jason Kennedy and Lauren Scruggs Are Married!". Retrieved 7 June 2017.
- "Christian Model Lauren Scruggs 'Excited' About Wedding Day; Will Move in With Fiancé After Nuptials".