|Directed by||Roberto Bianchi Montero|
|Written by||Mario Amendola|
|Produced by||Guido Paolucci|
|Edited by||Ettore Salvi|
|16 August 1959|
La sceriffa (The Sheriff) is a 1959 Italian Western comedy in black-and-white, directed by Roberto Bianchi Montero. It stars Italian comedy star Ugo Tognazzi. It was released on 16 August 1959. The film starred several comedians and spawned a number of western comedies which followed.
A sheriff is killed and his widow (Tina Pica) takes up his job to find the killers.
- Tina Pica as Carmela Esposito, 'la Sceriffa'
- Ugo Tognazzi as Colorado Joe
- Livio Lorenzon as Jimmy Jesse
- Tino Scotti as The Judge
- Alberto Sorrentino as Brutto Tempo - the Native American
- Anita Todesco as Nuvola Rosa - Brutto Tempo's Daughter
- Carlo Pisacane as Nick
- Carlo Sposito as Gennarino - aka Gen
- Annie Alberti as Connie Dallas
- Franco Balducci as Jimmy Jesse's Brother
- Stelio Candelli as Bruno Carotenuto
- Elio Crovetto as Jack - the Texan drunk
- Tina De Mola as Dolly - the singer
- Fanfulla as Ciccio - Sceriffa's assistant
- Giraldi, Massimo; Lancia, Enrico; Melelli, Fabio (2006). 100 caratteristi del cinema italiano: gli interpreti "minori" che hanno fatto grande il nostro cinema. Gremese Editore. p. 109. ISBN 978-88-8440-383-4. Retrieved 21 August 2012.
- Fridlund, Bert (2006). The spaghetti Western: a thematic analysis. McFarland & Co. p. 7. ISBN 978-0-7864-2507-5. Retrieved 21 August 2012.