Kubang Pasu District
|Daerah Kubang Pasu|
|• Jawi||كوبڠ ڤاسو|
|• Tamil||குபாங் பாசு|
Location of Kubang Pasu District in Kedah
|Local area government(s)||Kubang Pasu Municipal Council|
|• District officer||Fisol Noh|
|• Total||945.96 km2 (365.24 sq mi)|
|• Density||230/km2 (590/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (MST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+8 (Not observed)|
|Vehicle registration plates||K|
The Kubang Pasu District is a district in northern Kedah, Malaysia. It contains the border town of Bukit Kayu Hitam as well as the educational hub of Changlun, while Jitra is the largest town and administrative centre of the district. The district council had been upgraded into municipal council on 22 October 2018, become the fifth city or municipal in the state.
In the 19th century Kubang Pasu was a semi-independent kingdom, known as Kubang Pasu Darul Qiyam, ruled by Phaya or King Tunku Anom Prince of Kedah. It was reintegrated into Kedah proper in the 1860s.
On 22 October 2018, Kubang Pasu was granted municipal status; the erstwhile district council was upgraded into a municipal council (Majlis Perbandaran Kubang Pasu).
The district spans over an area of 948 km2. To the west it borders Perlis, while its northern boundary forms part of the Malaysia-Thailand border. From east to south, in clockwise order, are the constituencies of Padang Terap, Pokok Sena and Kuala Kedah.
- Bukit Tinggi
- Kubang Pasu Town
- Padang Perahu
- Sungai Laka
- Wang Tepus
The district is also known as Education Valley in Kedah because there is a concentration of educational institutions in Kubang Pasu. They are Universiti Utara Malaysia, Kolej Matrikulasi Kedah (KMK), Polytechnic of Sultan Abdul Halim Mu'adzam Shah, Industrial Training Institute (ILP), Bandar Darulaman Community College (Kolej Komuniti Bandar Darulaman), Akademi Binaan Malaysia (ABM), Institut Kemahiran Belia Negara (IKBN) and others.
Federal Parliament and State Assembly Seats
List of Kubang Pasu district representatives in the Federal Parliament (Dewan Rakyat)
|Parliament||Seat Name||Member of Parliament||Party|
|P6||Kubang Pasu||Amiruddin Hamzah||PEJUANG|
List of Kubang Pasu district representatives in the State Legislative Assembly (Dewan Undangan Negeri)
|Parliament||State||Seat Name||State Assemblyman||Party|
|P5||N3||Kota Siputeh||Salmee Said||Pakatan Harapan (PH)|
|P5||N4||Ayer Hitam||Azhar Ibrahim||Perikatan Nasional (PAS)|
|P6||N5||Bukit Kayu Hitam||Halimaton Shaadiah Saad||Perikatan Nasional (PPBM)|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-12-01. Retrieved 2017-11-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Info Kubang Pasu". 1 September 2015. Archived from the original on 18 October 2018. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Population Distribution and Basic Demographic Characteristics, 2010" (PDF). Department of Statistics, Malaysia. Archived from the original (PDF) on 22 May 2014. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- "Latar Belakang". Portal Rasmi Majlis Perbandaran Kubang Pasu. Retrieved 7 December 2019.
- User, Super. "LAMAN WEB RASMI PEJABAT DAERAH KUBANG PASU - Mengenai Kami". pdkp.kedah.gov.my.
- "150 anggota polis, ahli Perkep IPD Kubang Pasu jayakan ibadah korban".
- KPPT. "Kenyataan Kerja Undi - Daerah Kubang Pasu - Jabatan Pengairan dan Saliran Negeri Kedah Darul Aman". www.didkedah.gov.my.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kubang Pasu District.|