|Dewan Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu|
|Formed||2 February 2000|
|Jurisdiction||City of Kota Kinabalu|
|Headquarters||1, Jalan Bandaran, Pusat Bandar Kota Kinabalu, 88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia|
|Motto||Nature Resort City (Bandaraya Peranginan Semula Jadi)|
The Kota Kinabalu City Hall (Malay: Dewan Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu, abbreviated DBKK; Chinese: 哥打京那巴鲁市政厅) is the city council which administers the city and district of Kota Kinabalu in the state of Sabah, Malaysia. The council consists of the mayor plus twenty-four councillors appointed to serve a one-year term by the Sabah State Government.
The history of the town of Jesselton can be traced since the administration of British North Borneo Company (BNBC) in 1881. Throughout the administration under the Federation of Malaysia since 1963, the town subsequently renamed into Kota Kinabalu and a council was later established after it granted city status on 2 February 2000. Kota Kinabalu was formerly administrated by Majlis Perbandaran Kota Kinabalu (MPKK) or the Kota Kinabalu Municipal Council. Their jurisdiction covers an area of 351 square kilometres encompassing the sub-districts and towns of, among others, Tanjung Aru, Kepayan, Kota Kinabalu city, Luyang, Inanam, Menggatal, Telipok, and Sepanggar.
Appointed mayors of Kota Kinabalu
Since 2000, the city has been led by five mayors. The previous mayors are listed as below:
|No||Mayor||Term start||Term end|
|1||Abdul Ghani Abdul Rashid||2 February 2000||1 February 2005|
|2||Iliyas Ibrahim||2 February 2005||1 February 2011|
|3||Abidin Madingkir||2 February 2011||1 February 2016|
|4||Yeo Boon Hai||2 February 2016||30 December 2018|
|5||Nordin Siman||31 December 2018||1 January 2021|
|6||Noorliza Awang Alip||1 January 2021||Incumbent|
|Mayor of of Kota Kinabalu|
|Term length||One year term only|
|Constituting instrument||Sabah State Government|
|Inaugural holder||Abdul Ghani Abdul Rashid|
|Formation||2nd February 2000|
|Deputy||Director-General of Kota Kinabalu City Hall|
The official mascot of Kota Kinabalu including:
- "Remembering Jesselton's birth". Daily Express. 31 January 2016. Archived from the original on 1 June 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Kota Kinabalu City Declaration". Sabah Education Department. 2 February 2000. Archived from the original on 1 June 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Change in Boardroom [Abdul Ghani Abdul Rashid]" (PDF). Karambunai Corp. 2 April 2007. Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 June 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
He was installed as the first Mayor of the newly established Kota Kinabalu City and held the position for 2 terms from February 2000 to February 2005.
- "Former cop Illiyas is new mayor of Kota Kinabalu". The Star. 21 January 2005. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Abidin is KK's third Mayor". Daily Express. 1 February 2011. Archived from the original on 1 June 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- "Yeo Boon Hai made KK's new mayor". New Sabah Times. 1 February 2016. Archived from the original on 1 June 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- Jenne Lajiun (31 December 2018). "Nordin Siman, new KK city mayor". The Borneo Post. Archived from the original on 1 June 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.
- Muguntan Vanar (31 December 2020). "KK's first woman mayor Noorliza takes charge". The Star. Archived from the original on 28 January 2021. Retrieved 28 January 2021.
- "Maskot Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu" [Kota Kinabalu City Mascot] (in Malay). Kota Kinabalu City Hall. 7 November 2017. Archived from the original on 1 June 2019. Retrieved 1 June 2019.