This biographical article is written like a résumé. (September 2020)
Konda Vishweshwar Reddy
|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
16 May 2014 – 20 November 2018
|Preceded by||Jaipal Reddy, INC|
|Born||26 February 1960|
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Political party||Indian National Congress (2018–2021)|
Telangana Rashtra Samithi (2013–2018)
|Children||3, including Anindith|
|Residence||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Education||B.E. in Electrical engineering (University of Madras)|
M.S. (New Jersey Institute of Technology)
|Net worth||₹895 crore (US$130 million)|
Konda Vishweshwar Reddy (born 26 February 1960) is an Indian engineer, entrepreneur, and politician. He served as a Member of Parliament in the 16th Lok Sabha from Telangana Rashtra Samithi representing Chevella, Telangana. He is the grandson of K. V. Ranga Reddy after whom the district Ranga Reddy was named.
Reddy is the only Parliamentarian from India to be granted a US patent while serving as a Member of Parliament. He is the richest politician from Telangana with declared assets of worth ₹528 crore in 2014 and ₹895 crore in 2019 according to his election affidavit. He is married to Sangita Reddy, daughter of Apollo Hospitals founder Prathap C. Reddy.
Vishweshwar Reddy was born on 26 February 1960 in Hyderabad, then Andhra Pradesh, India to Jayalatha and Konda Madhava Reddy, Former Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra. His paternal grandfather was a Telangana freedom fighter and Deputy Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Konda Venkata Ranga Reddy.
As an engineer by profession, Reddy had worked as an adjunct faculty in the New Jersey Institute of Technology, N.J. and Essex County College, Newark. He is a successful software entrepreneur; he founded Citadel Research & Solutions, a company involved in engineering research and development. He was involved in the creations of several IPRs. As a professional, he worked for General Electric as the CEO and managing director of GE MSIT and as the CEO and managing director Wipro HCIT Wipro.
- Granted US Patent on "Transfer Belt Mechanism Associated with Patient Transfer Gurney System (India & US)"
Reddy joined politics in 2013 on invitation from K. Chandrashekar Rao, President of Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) Party. Further, he won the Member of Parliament seat from Chevella Lok Sabha constituency in 2014 General Elections by over a margin of 75,000 votes.
- Convener of WASH Legislative Forum of Parliamentarians. WASH stands for Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. WASH-LF is supported by UNICEF working of various issues related to sanitation.
- Convener of Parliamentarians' Group for Children to UNICEF India
- "Vishweshwar Reddy is richest in Telangana with Rs 528 cr"
- "Telangana's richest politician Konda Vishweshwar declares family assets of Rs 895 cr". The News Minute. 23 March 2019. Retrieved 6 May 2021.
- "MP Vishweshwar Reddy quits TRS". Deccan Herald. 21 November 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- P, Ashish (15 March 2021). "Mega jolt to Congress in Telangana: Former MP Konda Vishveshwar Reddy quits party". India Today. Retrieved 6 May 2021.
- "Members : Lok Sabha - Shri Konda Vishweshwar Reddy". Lok Sabha. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- Reddy, R. Ravikanth (21 November 2018). "After quitting TRS, MP Konda Vishweshwar Reddy meets Rahul Gandhi". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- Transfer belt mechanism associated with patient transfer gurney system, 12 July 2011, retrieved 2 June 2018
- "Centre for Legislative Research and Advocacy". www.clraindia.org. Retrieved 2 June 2018.
- "Sangita Reddy"
- "Anindith". ChaiBisket. Retrieved 15 May 2018.