|Created by||Paweł Karpiński|
|Written by||Paweł Karpiński (Head writer)|
|No. of seasons||24|
|No. of episodes||3,834 (as of 25 June 2021)|
|Executive producer||Paweł Karpiński|
|Running time||24 minutes|
|Original network||TVP 1|
|Original release||September 22, 1997 – present|
Klan (Polish pronunciation: [ˈklan], English: Clan) is a Polish soap opera that premiered on September 22, 1997 on the public TVP1 channel. With more than 3,800 episodes spanning over 24 seasons, the show has been the longest-running Polish TV series. It airs from Monday to Friday at 6.00 p.m. on TVP1.
Klan revolves around the fates of the multi-generation Lubicz family from Warsaw.
Main cast members
|Tomasz Bednarek||Jacek Borecki||1997–|
|Barbara Bursztynowicz||Elżbieta Chojnicka||1997–|
|Artur Dziurman||Leszek Jakubowski||1999–2000, 2007–|
|Andrzej Grabarczyk||Jerzy Chojnicki||1997–|
|Wincenty Grabarczyk||Jeremiasz Bałucki||2005–|
|Paulina Holtz||Agnieszka Lubicz||1997–|
|Agnieszka Kaczorowska||Bożena Lubicz||(#2) 1999–|
|Dorota Naruszewicz||Beata Borecka||(#1) 1997–2011|
|Małgorzata Ostrowska-Królikowska||Grażyna Lubicz||1997–|
|Kaja Paschalska||Ola Lubicz||1997–|
|Anna Powierza||Czesława Kurzawska||2000–2005, 2006–|
|Tomasz Stockinger||Dr Paweł Lubicz||1997–|
|Piotr Swend||Maciej Lubicz||1997–|
|Kazimiera Utrata-Lusztig||Stanisława Dorobczyk||1999, 2000–|
|Izabela Trojanowska||Monika Ross-Nowak||1997–|
|Agnieszka Wosińska||Sister Dorota Lubicz||(#1) 1997–2011|
|Małgorzata Wójcik||Beata Borecka||(#2) 2013–|
|Daniel Zawadzki||Michał Chojnicki||(#2) 2004–|
|Joanna Żółkowska||Anna Surmacz||1997–|
Recurring cast members
|Julia Królikowska||Katarzyna Lubicz||1999–|
|Paweł Grządziel||Jan Rafalski||(#3) 2003–|
|Suzanna von Nathusius||Małgorzata Borecka||(#2) 2005–|
|Jacek Borkowski||Piotr Rafalski||1997–2003 (contract); 2003, 2004–|
|Jagoda Stach||Karolina Rafalska||1997–2001, 2003, 2006–2011|
|Maria Winiarska||Alicja Marczyńska||1998–2000 (contract); 2001–2015|
|Zofia Merle||Stefania Wróbel-Malec||2002–2013|
|Jerzy Bończak||Kazimierz Malec||2002–2010|
|Michalina Robakiewicz||Kamila Chojnicka (#1)||2003–2015|
|Mirosław Jękot||Antoni Zabużański||2000, 2001–|
|Renata Pękul||Renata Zabużańska||1999–2000, 2002–|
|Mariusz Krzemiński||Mariusz Kwarc||2005–|
|Jerzy Zelnik||Krzysztof Malicki||1997–1999, 2002, 2005, 2006–2007|
|Ewa Serwa-Galia||Matylda Szczęśniak||2002–2008|
|Dorota Kamińska||Jadwiga Dębińska||2013–|
|Grzegorz Wons||Leopold Kwapisz||2014–|
|Marek Kossakowski||Daniel Ross||(#2) 2015–|
|Martyna Kowalik||Kamila Chojnicka||(#2) 2015–|
|Natalia Rewieńska||Paulina Jezewska||2019–|
During its early seasons Klan was the most popular television series in Poland. It won numerous awards for the best soap opera and best actors.
- Władysław Lubicz (portrayed by Zygmunt Kęstowicz) - husband of Maria Lubicz, father of Paweł Lubicz, Elżbieta Chojnicka, Monika Ross-Nowak, Ryszard Lubicz and Dorota Lubicz, grandfather of Agnieszka Lubicz, Aleksandra Lubicz, Paweł Lubicz Jr., Beata Borecka, Michał Chojnicki, Daniel Ross, Katarzyna Lubicz and adopted grandfather of Maciej Lubicz and Bożena Lubicz. He lived in Warsaw with his wife and children but his family comes from Lvov, Ukraine. One of his great-grandchildren, Władysław Chojnicki, is named after him. He died in June 2007.
- Maria Lubicz, née Ziętecka (portrayed by Halina Dobrowolska) - wife of Władysław Lubicz, mother of Paweł Lubicz, Elżbieta Chojnicka, Monika Ross-Nowak, Ryszard Lubicz and Dorota Lubicz, grandmother of Agnieszka Lubicz, Aleksandra Lubicz, Paweł Lubicz Jr., Beata Borecka, Michał Chojnicki, Daniel Ross, Katarzyna Lubicz and adopted grandmother of Maciej Lubicz and Bożena Lubicz. She owned a pharmacy which is now owned by her daughter Elżbieta. Maria had one brother, Stefan Ziętecki. She died on 23 August 1999.
- Elżbieta Chojnicka, née Lubicz (portrayed by Barbara Bursztynowicz) - daughter of Władysław Lubicz and Maria Lubicz, twin sister of Paweł Lubicz, older sister of Ryszard Lubicz, Monika Ross-Nowak and Dorota Lubicz, mother of Beata Borecka and Michał Chojnicki, grandmother of Jan Rafalski, Małgorzata Borecka, Antoni Chojnicki, Władysław Chojnicki and Stefan Chojnicki. She is married to Jerzy Chojnicki (they were divorced and then remarried) and owns a pharmacy called Pod Modrzewiem.
- Paweł Lubicz (portrayed by Tomasz Stockinger) - son of Władysław Lubicz and Maria Lubicz, twin brother of Elżbieta Chojnicka, older brother of Ryszard Lubicz, Monika Ross-Nowak and Dorota Lubicz, father of Agnieszka Lubicz, Aleksandra Lubicz and Paweł Lubicz Jr., grandfather of Zofia Lubicz, Julia Sokołowska and Filip Woźniacki. He was married to Krystyna Lubicz and works as a doctor in his private medical clinic El-Med. After his first wife died he got married with Jadwiga Dębińska.
- Monika Ross-Nowak, de née Lubicz (portrayed by Izabela Trojanowska) - second daughter of Władysław Lubicz and Maria Lubicz, younger sister of Paweł Lubicz, Elżbieta Chojnicka, older sister of Ryszard Lubicz and Dorota Lubicz, mother of Daniel Ross. She was married to Bernard Ross who lived in the United States. After her son Daniel was born she escaped from her husband because he was very aggressive. They divorced and Bernard died later. Monika married again, to Wojciech Nawrot who was a doctor and was El-Med's co-owner. Wojciech died a few days after their wedding. She owns a restaurant called Rosso. She was engaged to Feliks Nowak, who is now her husband.
- Ryszard Lubicz (portrayed by Piotr Cyrwus) - second son of Władysław Lubicz and Maria Lubicz, younger brother of Paweł Lubicz, Elżbieta Chojnicka, Monika Ross-Nowak and older brother of Dorota Lubicz, father of Katarzyna Lubicz, adopted father of Maciej Lubicz and Bożena Lubicz. He was married to Grażyna Lubicz. He died on 22 February 2012 after fatal fall.
- Dorota Lubicz (portrayed by Agnieszka Wosińska) - third daughter and fifth child of Władysław Lubicz and Maria Lubicz, younger sister of Paweł Lubicz, Elżbieta Chojnicka, Ryszard Lubicz and Monika Ross-Nowak. She's a nun. Dorota graduated from medical school and is a doctor. She was engaged to a man who betrayed her with her sister Elżbieta. Dorota decided to become a nun and works in Warsaw, Głoskowo or in Africa. In December 2018, the family learns that she was killed in Africa.
- Jerzy Chojnicki (portrayed by Andrzej Grabarczyk) - husband of Elżbieta Chojnicka, half-brother of Hanna Chojnicka, Oscar Chojnicki and Kamila Chojnicka, father of Beata Borecka and Michał Chojnicki, grandfather of Jan Rafalski, Małgorzata Borecka, Antoni Chojnicki, Władysław Chojnicki and Stefan Chojnicki.
- Krystyna Lubicz, née Jakubowska (portrayed by Agnieszka Kotulanka) - wife of Paweł Lubicz, sister of Lech Jakubowski, mother of Agnieszka Lubicz, Aleksandra Lubicz and Paweł Lubicz Jr., grandmother of Zofia Lubicz, Julia Sokołowska and Filip Woźniacki. She died on 29 May 2014.
Marian Lubicz m. Helena Lubicz (Serwin) c. Władysław Lubicz (died 2007) m. Maria Lubicz (Ziętecka, married, widowed 1999) c. Elżbieta Chojnicka (Lubicz, Paweł's twin sister) m. Jerzy Chojnicki (divorced) c. Beata Maria Borecka - Rafalska (Chojnicka, b. 1975) a. Piotr Rafalski (married 2018) c. Jan Rafalski (born 1998) m. Jacek Borecki (married 1999, divorced 2014), son of Zofia Borecka c. Małgorzata Borecka c. Michał Chojnicki (born 1979) a. Bogna Różycka (married Ruczaj, Jakubowska, engaged, separated) c. Unnamed son (miscarried) a. Kinga Kuczyńska (married Walczak, engaged, separated), daughter of Andrzej Kuczyński and Joanna Kuczyńska c. Antoni Chojnicki (twin brother of Władysław) c. Władysław Chojnicki (twin brother of Antoni) m. Zyta Chojnicka (born Tyczyńska, married 2010), daughter of Edward and Wanda Tyczyński, Zyta died in a car accident on October 14, 2020. c. Stefan Chojnicki (born 2012) c. Justyna Chojnicka (born 2015, d. 2015) m. Jerzy Chojnicki (remarried 2009) c. Paweł Lubicz (Elżbieta's twin brother) a. Jadwiga Dębińska c. Magdalena Dębińska (deceased) m. Krystyna Lubicz (born Jakubowska 1951, married 1978, widowed 2014) c. Agnieszka Sokołowska (born Lubicz, b. 1979) m. Robert Męcik (divorced) a. Miron Lipski (affair 2007, deceased) c. Zofia Lubicz (born 2007) m. Janusz Sokołowski (married 2016) c. Julia Sokołowska (born 2019) c. Aleksandra Lubicz - Woźniacka (born Lubicz, b. 1987) a. Rafał Woźniacki (married 2018) c. Filip Woźniacki (born 2019) c. Paweł Ignacy Lubicz (born 2003) m. Jadwiga Dębińska - Lubicz (born Dębińska, married 2016) c. Monika Ross-Nowak (born Lubicz) m. Bernard Ross (married, divorced, deceased) c. Daniel Ross (born 1983) m. Ewa Ross (born Tomicka, divorced) m. Wojciech Nawrot (married, widowed) m. Feliks Nowak (married, 2017) c. Ryszard Lubicz (born 1959, d. 2012) m. Grażyna Kwapisz (born Małek, married 1982, his death 2012) c. Maciej Lubicz (born Kowalik, b. 1992, adopted) m. Martyna Czarska - Lubicz (born Czarska, married 2018) c. Bożena Kazuń (Lubicz, born Rosiak, b. 1993, adopted) m. Miłosz Kazuń (married 2014), son of Bolesław and Henryka Kazuń c. Alicja Kazuń (born 2016) c. Frańciszek Kazuń (born 2019) c. Katarzyna Lubicz (born 1999) c. Dorota Lubicz (born 1967, d. 2018)