In 1964 Cohen was the theater production manager for The Committee and The Passion of Josef D. He later formed a company called, Sensefex, Inc. and managed the Fillmore East music venue in New York City from 1968 to 1971. Cohen then took a position as head of A&R for Columbia Records before moving to A&M Records as Vice President of A&R (1973-1979). In 1985 Cohen became the manager at the Wiltern Theater which was operated as part of the company, Bill Graham Presents. Cohen was also the president of the Herb Alpert Foundation for 17 years.
- Staff writer. "Kip Cohen Stage Manager, Production Crew". Internet Broadway Database. Retrieved Jan 22, 2018.
- "Kip Cohen - Broadway Theatre Credits". Playbill.com. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Massaging Senses for the Message; New Mode of Communicating Uses Jarring Combination of Sights and Sounds Multimedia: Massage for the Message". The New York Times. 1967-09-16. Retrieved 2012-10-10. (subscription required)
- "Alex Cohen, Richard Dean". The New York Times. 2007-08-19. Retrieved 2012-10-10. (subscription required)
- "Wiltern Theatre Emerges as an Unlikely Rock Star". LA Times. 1987-12-29. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- Graham, Bill; Greenfield, Robert (2004). Bill Graham presents : my life inside rock and out (Da Capo Press ed.). New York, N.Y.: Da Capo Press. ISBN 0306813491.
- Gruber, photography by Amalie R. Rothschild ; text by Amalie R. Rothschild with Ruth Ellen (1999). Live at the Fillmore East : a photographic memoir. New York, N.Y.: Thunder's Mouth Press. ISBN 1560252448.
- Davis, Clive; Anthony DeCurtis (2012). Clive Davis - The Soundtrack of My Life. Simon and Schuster. pp. 154–155. ISBN 978-1-4767-1478-3.
- Werman, Tom. "The Producers: Tom Werman, Chapter One". popDose.com. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- Willwerth, Clive Davis with James K. (1975). Clive: inside the record business, by Clive Davis with James Willwerth. New York, W. Morrow: William Moeeow. ISBN 0688028721.
- Sutherland, Sam (December 24, 1977). ""Kip Cohen on the Philosophy of A&R at A&M"" (PDF). Record World. Retrieved September 13, 2019.
- Haithman, Diane (March 15, 1998). "Herb Alpert's Brass Rings". LA Times. Retrieved Jan 22, 2018.
- Perlmutter, Donna (May 11, 1995). "AT THE STUDIO WITH: Herb Alpert; Tijuana Brass, Right? Don't Ask". NY Times. Retrieved Jan 22, 2018.
- kipcohen.com (complete biography)