|Born||November 14, 1949|
|Occupation||Television director and producer|
Friedman's TV career began by directing 70 episodes of the sitcom, Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman for Norman Lear. She then moved on to directing the pilot for and episodes of Square Pegs, followed by episodes of L.A. Law, The Love Boat, Dynasty, A Different World, Head of the Class, Beverly Hills, 90210, Babylon 5, the Star Trek series, Deep Space Nine, Voyager, Lizzie McGuire and more.
She also directed the ABC movie Before and After.
Along with her TV career, Kim directed theatre: including at Joe Papp's The Public Theater, New York Shakespeare Festival, and at the Tiffany Theater in Los Angeles. Friedman has also directed theater in London, as well as producing and directing the docu series The Real Normal and Here Comes the Dress.
In late 2014, Friedman's daughter Kate began using Instagram to document the "crazy" text messages that she receives from her mother on a daily basis. The account has since garnered more than 800,000 followers, and has received attention from many media outlets, including ABC News, BuzzFeed, and Yahoo.
- "Kim Friedman". IMDb. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Crazy Jewish Mom (@crazyjewishmom) • Instagram photos and videos". instagram.com. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Video: Mother, Daughter Force Behind Viral Instagram 'Crazy Jewish Mom'". ABC News. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "This Instagram Account Is Literally Your Mother". Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "This 'Crazy Jewish Mom' Is Everyone's Mom". Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "The oldest ever Birthright participant".