|• Body||Chennai Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Civic agency||Chennai Corporation|
Kilpauk is a semi residential area located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India. The distance from Chennai's city to Kilpauk is about 6 km. The region is situated off the Poonamallee High Road in the west. Adjacent areas of Kilpauk include Chetpet, Kellys, Egmore, Ayanavaram, Anna Nagar, Choolaimedu and Purasawalkam.
The nearest railway station for Kilpauk is the one at Chetpet. This railway station lies to the south of Kilpauk and not more than a kilometre away. There are two metro stations which connects to Kilpauk, they are Nehru Park and Kilpauk (entrance of the Kilpauk Medical College). The Chennai Airport is about 18 km from Kilpauk.
The neighbourhood has a historical water-treatment plant. On the other end, to the west, is the Institute of Mental Health, one of the oldest mental asyla in the continent, visited by Queen Elizabeth the second.
- Kilpauk Garden
- Kelly's Corner
- Aspiran Garden
- Secretariat Colony
- Seth P D Hinduja Sindhi Model Senior Secondary School
- C S I Bain school
- Bhavan's Rajaji Vidyashram
- Chinmaya Vidyalaya
- Kola Saraswati
- Rukmani Vidyalaya changed as Ramachandra
- MES Razeena Matriculation Higher Secondary School
Both the Directorate of Medical Education and Government Kilpauk Medical College are located on EVR Periyar Salai. Kilpauk is also well known for engineering college head offices, including Rajalakshmi Institutions and Sree Sastha Institute of Engineering and Technology.
- Somasundaram, O.; Ratnaraj, Ponnudurai (February 2018). "Kilpauk Mental Hospital: The Bethlem of South Asia – A recall of its history prior to 1970". Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 60 (Suppl 2): S183–S191. doi:10.4103/psychiatry.IndianJPsychiatry_431_17 (inactive 31 May 2021). ISSN 0019-5545. PMC 5836336. PMID 29527046.CS1 maint: DOI inactive as of May 2021 (link)