|Location||Kilmaurs, East Ayrshire|
|Managed by||Abellio ScotRail|
|Original company||Glasgow, Barrhead and Kilmarnock Joint Railway|
|Pre-grouping||CR and G&SWR|
|26 June 1873||Opened|
|7 November 1966||Closed|
|12 May 1984||Re-opened by British Rail|
Passenger statistics from the Office of Rail and Road
The original Kilmaurs station was opened on 26 June 1873 by the Glasgow, Barrhead and Kilmarnock Joint Railway. The buildings on the Up platform (the platform for trains to Kilmarnock and the South) were destroyed by fire in 1914 and replaced by a brick building which, until its closure in 1966, was the only one in south west Scotland to be centrally heated. To the south of the station, a signal box containing 17 levers controlled the section and allowed access to a goods yard.
Being so close to Kilmarnock station the guards often failed to sell tickets to all passengers travelling to Kilmarnock. In 2012 a ticket machine was installed at the station.
2019 service pattern
Since the doubling of the line between Lugton and Stewarton in December 2009 the service pattern has been:
- Mondays to Saturdays - a mainly half-hourly service northbound to Glasgow Central and southbound to Kilmarnock, with selected services extended beyond Kilmarnock towards either Carlisle & Newcastle or Girvan, Ayr and Stranraer.
- Sundays - hourly each way served by trains between Glasgow Central and Kilmarnock, with a few extended south towards Dumfries and Carlisle.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
Glasgow South Western Line
|Kilmarnock||Caledonian and Glasgow & South Western Railways
Glasgow, Barrhead and Kilmarnock Joint Railway
- Brailsford, Martyn, ed. (December 2017) . Railway Track Diagrams 1: Scotland & Isle of Man (6th ed.). Frome: Trackmaps. ISBN 978-0-9549866-9-8.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-508-7. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 978-1-85260-086-0. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 978-0-906899-99-1. OCLC 228266687.
- RAILSCOT on Glasgow, Barrhead and Kilmarnock Joint Railway