A request that this article title be changed to under discussion. Please do not move this article until the discussion is closed.is
|Industry||Resin Consumer Goods|
|Products||Outdoor and Indoor resin-based consumer products|
Number of employees
Keter Plastic (Hebrew: כתר פלסטיק) is an Israeli manufacturer and marketer of resin-based household and garden consumer products. The company, established in 1948, has a chain of retail stores throughout Israel and operates 29 plants in Israel, Luxembourg, Europe, Canada and the United States. Keter products are marketed worldwide.
The Keter brand evolved from a small workshop established in Jaffa in 1948, specializing in the production of Resin combs, toys and housewares. In 1971, Joseph Sagol bought out his partners' shares in the workshop, and the Sagol family has owned Keter ever since. Sagol later handed the management of the company over to his sons, Sami and Itzhak.
In 1991, Keter acquired competitor L.M. Lipski.
In 2005 Keter acquired Curver international
In June 2013, Keter was one of several companies subjected to a boycott by the United Church of Canada and the Presbyterian Church (USA) because it had a factory in the Barkan Industrial Park.
On 19 Setpembet 2021, Globes reported that Keter Plastic plans an IPO on the New York Stock Exchange, attempting to raise hundreds of millions of dollars at a valuation of $2-2.5 billion, depending on market conditions at the time of the offering. Keter has already filed an initial draft prospectus with the US Securities and Exchange Commission. Among the underwriters for the offering are to be Goldman Sachs, Jefferies, JP Morgan, and Bank of America.
- Red Dot Design Award, Product Design (2011)
- The Israel economist, Volumes 45-47, 1991, p.40
- "Second Year In A Row - Red Dot Award For Keter Products" (Press release). TheStreet.com/PR Newswire, HERZLIYA, Israel. March 23, 2011. Retrieved March 25, 2013.
- "Canada's Largest Protestant Church Prepares To Boycott Israeli Companies". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "United Church of Canada's Israeli boycott campaign an 'assault on the Jewish people,' Toronto group says". National Post. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "KETER page on Presbyterian Mission Agency website" (PDF). Archived from the original on 2017-08-27.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "נסגרה העסקה: כתר פלסטיק תימכר ל-BC פרטנרס לפי שווי של 1.7 מיליארד דולר - גלובס". Globes. Retrieved 2016-10-24.
- "Keter Group Partners with UBQ Materials to Produce Sustainable Home and Garden Goods at Scale S". PR Newswire. April 19, 2021. Retrieved September 17, 2021.
- "Keter Plastic files for NYSE IPO". Globes newspaper English website. 2021-09-19. Retrieved 2021-09-19.
- Israel business, Issues 426-439, p.38