Keith "Wonderboy" Johnson
|Birth name||Keith Lamar Johnson|
|Also known as||Wonderboy|
|Born||May 17, 1972|
Brooklyn, New York
|Origin||New York City|
|Genres||CCM, gospel, traditional black gospel, urban contemporary gospel|
|Labels||World Wide Gospel, Worldwide, Verity, Central South, Blacksmoke|
|Associated acts||The Spiritual Voices|
Keith Lamar Johnson (born May 17, 1972), who goes by the stage name Keith "Wonderboy" Johnson, is an American gospel musician. He started his solo music career, in 1998, with the release of, Through the Storm, that was released by World Wide Gospel Records. He has released fourteen albums, over the course of thirteen years, with World Wide Gospel Records, Worldwide Records, Verity Records, Central South Records, and Blacksmoke Records. Eleven albums have charted on the Billboard magazine Gospel Albums chart with other chartings on the Independent Albums and Heatseekers Albums charts.
Johnson was born on May 17, 1972, as Keith Lamar Johnson, in Brooklyn, New York, and he was given the moniker "Wonderboy" at the age of five because of his wondrous vocal acumen. He has an older sister Sonya. Started singing with his father Philip Johnson and Uncles with The original spiritual voices
His music career started in 1998, with the release of Through the Storm by World Wide Gospel Records, and this would be just one of eleven albums to chart on the Billboard magazine charts, with most of the chartings occurring on the Gospel Albums. A few placements were on the Independent Albums chart, for 2000's Live and Alive, 2001's Tribute to Quartet Legends, Vol. 1, and 2002's Send a Revival, and those just happen to be the albums that placed on the Heatseekers Albums chart. The labels he has released albums with are World Wide Gospel, World Wide Records, Verity Records, Central South Records, and Blacksmoke Records, and he has released fourteen albums with those labels over the course of his thirteen-year career. His backing vocalist and band are called The Spiritual Voices.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Through the Storm||
|Our Gift to You [World Wide Gospel]||
|Live and Alive||
|Tribute to Quartet Legends, Vol. 1||
|Send a Revival||
|Our Gift to You [Verity]||
|Just Being Me||
|The Best of Keith Wonderboy Johnson||
|Stronger Than Ever||
|Back 2 Basics: Chapter Two||
- Family Search (2009). "U.S. Public Records Index". The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Missing or empty
- Keith, Johnson (May 18, 2013). "Lord thank u for letting me celebrate another birthday! Thank God". Twitter. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- Intelius. "Keith L Johnson in Brooklyn, NY (Keith Lamar Johnson, age 42)". Intelius. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- "Songwriter/Composer: JOHNSON KEITH LAMAR". Broadcast Music, Inc. Retrieved March 29, 2015.[permanent dead link]
- Carpenter, Bil (2005). "Uncloudy Days: The Gospel Music Encyclopedia": 224. Cite journal requires
- AllMusic. "Keith Wonderboy Johnson : Discography". AllMusic. Retrieved March 29, 2015.
- Billboard. "Keith Wonderboy Johnson : Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved March 29, 2015.