|Kehillat Kernow (The Jewish Community of Cornwall)|
|Rite||Movement for Reform Judaism|
Kehillat Kernow (The Jewish Community of Cornwall) is a Jewish community with about 100 members in Cornwall, England, associated with the Movement for Reform Judaism. Founded in 1999, its name is a combination of the Hebrew word kehillat (community) and the Cornish word Kernow, meaning Cornwall.
Services take place fortnightly on Shabbat mornings at 10:30 and are held in a local school, with alternative venues for High Holidays and some festivals. They are led by members of the community and, occasionally, by visiting student rabbis from Leo Baeck College.
The community uses a Torah scroll on permanent loan from Exeter Synagogue and also one that it received from the Royal Cornwall Museum in Truro. The scroll was previously used by Falmouth Synagogue, which closed in 1882. It was officially handed over by the Duke of Gloucester to Kehillat Kernow at a ceremony in the Royal Cornwall Museum on 28 May 2004.
Its newsletter, Kol Kehillat Kernow, is published three times a year.
- "About Us". website. Kehillat Kernow, the Jewish Community of Cornwall. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- "Kehillat Kernow (The Jewish Community of Cornwall)". Synagogue Directory. Movement for Reform Judaism. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Lidiker, Pat (9 June 2014). "Scrolls returned after 132 years". The Jewish Chronicle. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "Kehillat Kernow's historic return" (Press release). Movement for Reform Judaism. 30 May 2014. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Lipert, Pat (April 2014). "Torah Scroll comes home" (PDF). Kol Kehillat Kernow (37).
- Parker, Simon (6 May 2014). "Sacred scroll to be returned to Cornish Jews". Western Morning News. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Falmouth Synagogue artefact returned to Jewish community after more than a century". This is the West Country. 29 May 2014. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- "Newsletter". website. Kehillat Kernow, the Jewish Community of Cornwall. Retrieved 4 July 2014.
- Kehillat Kernow official website
- Jewish Small Communities Network: Kehillat Kernow
- Kehillat Kernow (Cornwall Community) & Truro Jewish Community on Jewish Communities and Records – UK (hosted by JewishGen)
- The Movement for Reform Judaism
- Kennedy, Naomi: Cornwall's Jewish Journey, Faith Features, BBC Cornwall, 28 September 2007