Katharine Kaelred (May 9,1882 - March 26, 1942) was an actor on stage and screen. She was from England. The National Portrait Gallery in London has several images of her by Alexander Bassano. The Library of Congress has a glass negative of her. She starred on Broadway and in films including The Winged Idol.
Her appearance and performance as a vampire in A Fool There Was (play) received plaudits in 1909. She lived in Australia before moving to the U.S. She also appeared on a cigarette silk for Old Mill Cigarettes.
- Your Girl and Mine: a Woman Suffrage Play (1914)
- The Winged Idol (1915)
- The Girl with Green Eyes (1916)
- Enlighten Thy Daughter (1917)
- Mama's Affair (1921)
- "Katherine Kaelred". Playbill. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- Hoyt, Edwin Palmer (1973). Alexander Woollcott: the Man who Came to Dinner. Chilton Book Company. ISBN 9780801959288.
- "Katherine Kaelred - National Portrait Gallery". www.npg.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- Service, Bain News (1910). "Katherine Kaelred". www.loc.gov. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- Forest Leaves. Hall-Heileman Company. 1916.
- The New York Dramatic Mirror. Dramatic Mirror Company. 1910.
- The Theatre. Meyer Bros. & Company. 1909.
- Ankerich, Michael G. Dangerous Curves atop Hollywood Heels: The Lives, Careers, and Misfortunes of 14 Hard-Luck Girls of the Silent Screen. BearManor Media.
- "Your Girl and Mine: a Woman Suffrage Play (1914) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- "Katherine Kaelred". BFI. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- ""Enlighten Thy Daughter," a most unconventional problem, was treated in a powerful and convincing manner in June 1917". Johnson City Press. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- Institute, American Film (1997). The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States. University of California Press. ISBN 9780520209695.
- Bordman, Gerald (1995). American Theatre: A Chronicle of Comedy and Drama 1914-1930. OUP USA. ISBN 9780195090789.