Towns and villages
- April 1, 1897 - The villages of Sakakura, Torikumi, Ōhari, Kuroiwa, Fukagaya, Katsuyama and Fukada merge to form the village of Sakahogi.
- August 10, 1950 - The Fukada part of Sakahogi merges into the town of Ōta.
- October 1, 1968 - The village of Sakahogi gains town status.
- 岐阜県の人口・世帯数人口動態統計調査結果. Gifu prefectural website (in Japanese). Gifu Prefecture. Retrieved September 11, 2011.
- トップページ(坂祝町のプロフィール) > 町の概要. Sakahogi official website (in Japanese). Archived from the original on August 19, 2011. Retrieved August 12, 2011.
- "Archived copy" 坂祝町の年表 (PDF). Sakahogi official website (in Japanese). Archived from the original (PDF) on 1 October 2011. Retrieved 25 August 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)