Areas of the judicial reform often include: codification of law instead of common law, moving from an inquisitorial system to an adversarial system, establishing stronger judicial independence with judicial councils or changes to appointment procedure, establishing mandatory retirement age for judges or enhancing independence of prosecution.
- Constitutional economics
- Criminal justice reform
- Independence of the judiciary
- Judiciary in Russia
- Legal reform
- Rule of law
- Rule according to higher law
- Separation of powers
- Peter Barenboim, Natalya Merkulova. "The 25th Anniversary of Constitutional Economics: The Russian Model and Legal Reform in Russia, in The World Rule of Law Movement and Russian Legal Reform", edited by Francis Neate and Holly Nielsen, Justitsinform, Moscow (2007).
- Judicial reform in Europe
- Prashant Bhushan led Campaign for Judicial Accountability & Reforms in India, world's largest democracy
- Dr. Richard Cordero's website on Judicial Reforms Research & Actionable Strategy in USA
- The Association for Judicial Reforms (India) working for Judicial Transparency and Efficiency in Administration of Justice in India