Juan Pablo Ebang Esono
|Born||June 30, 1981|
Malabo, Equatorial Guinea
Juan Pablo Ebang Esono (born 30 June 1981) is an Equatoguinean film director.
Esono was born in Malabo, the capital of Equatorial Guinea, in 1981. He studied at the Nucine academy of Valencia, earning a degree in Cinematographic Directing. Esono directed his first short film, No Esta Desnuda, in January 2007. It received the prize for the best short feature in the 3rd International Film Festival for Integration in Valencia.
In 2010, Esono directed Teresa, the first medium-length film to be produced in Equatorial Guinea. Produced by the National Library of Equatorial Guinea, the plot concerns the lives of three teenage friends with different interests, including the titular Teresa. It was based on true events. After producing the film, Esono led film classes in several cities and provinces in his country on behalf of the National Library. Moviepilot.de named it the best film from Equatorial Guinea.
Esono directed the short film La familia in 2011. It received "Le grand Prix Africain du Cinema de la Television" at the Golden Crown Awards in Abidjan. In 2016, Esono directed the 21-minute film Milu, with a script written by Salvador Maquina. In September 2020, he was named General Director of Production, Programming and Compilation of Audiovisual Historical Archives.
- 2007: No Está Desnuda (short film)
- 2010: Teresa
- 2011: La familia (short film)
- 2016: Milu (short film)
- ""Teresa", the first medium-length film produced by the National Library: a story based on actual events". Government of Equatorial Guinea. 8 August 2010. Retrieved 7 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Die besten Filme aus Äquatorialguinea". Moviepilot.de (in German). Retrieved 7 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Milu - Juan Pablo Ebang". Atanga. 23 February 2019. Retrieved 7 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Decreto de nombramiento de los Directores Generales, Directores Generales Adjuntos y Asimilados". Partido Democratico de Guinea Equatorial (in Spanish). 9 September 2020. Retrieved 7 October 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)