Jorge Urrutia Galicia is a Mexican mathematician and computer scientist in the Institute of Mathematics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). His research primarily concerns discrete and computational geometry.
Urrutia earned his Ph.D. from the University of Waterloo in 1980, under the supervision of Ronald C. Read. He worked for many years at the University of Ottawa before moving to UNAM in 1999. With Jörg-Rüdiger Sack in 1991, he was founding co-editor-in-chief of the academic journal Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications.
- Faculty profile, UNAM, retrieved 2015-03-23.
- Jorge Urrutia at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Jorge Urrutia Galicia Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine, Mexican Conference on Discrete Mathematics and Computational Geometry, retrieved 2015-03-23.
- O’Rourke, Joseph (September 1993), "Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications", ACM Computing Reviews, Review #CR115947[permanent dead link].
- Mexican Conference on Discrete Mathematics and Computational Geometry Archived 2015-04-02 at the Wayback Machine, retrieved 2015-03-23.