This article needs to be updated.(January 2020)
The Joint Committee on Consolidation Bills (commonly known as Consolidation Bills Committee) is a joint select committee of the House of Commons and House of Lords in the Parliament of the United Kingdom. The Committee was first established in 1894 with a remit to consider consolidation bills. The Committee, which also considers Statute Law Revision Bills and bills prepared by the Law Commission or Scottish Law Commission to repeal outdated laws, is made up of 12 members of each House. Bills considered by the Committee originate in the Lords and are referred to it after second reading. After the Committee reports, the remaining stages in both Houses proceed formally (i.e., without debate).
As of July 2020, the members of the committee are as follows:
|John Thomas (Chair)||Crossbench||Baron Thomas of Cwmgiedd|
|Kay Andrews||Labour||Baroness Andrews|
|Duncan Baker||Conservative||North Norfolk|
|Simon Baynes||Conservative||Clwyd South|
|Robin Bridgeman||Conservative||Viscount Bridgeman|
|Richard Burgon||Labour||Leeds East|
|Elliot Colburn||Conservative||Carshalton and Wallington|
|Baroness D'Souza||Crossbench||Baroness D'Souza|
|Maria Eagle||Labour||Garston and Halewood|
|Robin Eames||Crossbench||Baron Eames|
|John Eccles||Conservative||Viscount Eccles|
|David Pollock||Labour||Viscount Hanworth|
|Simon Jupp||Conservative||East Devon|
|Ann Mallalieu||Labour||Baroness Mallalieu|
|Raymond Plant||Labour||Baron Plant of Highfield|
|Tim Razzall||Liberal Democrat||Baron Razzall|
|Joan Seccombe||Conservative||Baroness Seccombe|
|Jane Stevenson||Conservative||Wolverhampton North East|
|Julian Sturdy||Conservative||York Outer|
|Celia Thomas||Liberal Democrat||Baroness Thomas of Winchester|
|Owen Thompson||Scottish National||Midlothian|
- Joint Committee of the Parliament of the United Kingdom
- Parliamentary Committees of the United Kingdom
- Joint Committee on Consolidation, &c., Bills Archived 2007-11-02 at the Wayback Machine
- "Joint Committees". UK Parliament. Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- See Statute Law (Repeals) Act
- Factsheet: Parliamentary Stages of a Government Bill, p. 8.
- "Consolidation Bills (Joint Committee) - Membership". UK Parliament.
- Joint Select Committee on Consolidation Bills, UK Parliament