|Born||14 January 1988|
Canterbury, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||195 cm (6 ft 5 in)|
|Weight||120 kg (18 st 13 lb)|
Sione Kite (born 14 January 1988), also known as John Kite is an Australian rugby league footballer for the Thirlmere Roosters in the Group 6 Rugby League. He previously played for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Melbourne Storm in the National Rugby League and the Widnes Vikings in the Super League. He primarily plays prop and second-row.
Born in Canterbury, New South Wales, Kite played his junior football for the St. John Eagles and St. George before being signed by the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs. He played for the Bulldogs' Toyota Cup team in 2008, scoring 3 tries in 15 games. In Round 17 of the 2008 NRL season he made his NRL début for the Bulldogs against the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Kite is believed to be the biggest baby born at Canterbury hospital, weighing in at 15 pounds. He completed his schooling at Hampden Park Public School, followed by Holy Spirit College.
- "Players". Love Rugby League.
- "John Kite - Career Stats & Summary - Rugby League Project". www.rugbyleagueproject.org.
- "Meet Parramatta's Mannah from heaven". Sydney Morning Herald. 15 February 2009. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- http://www.rleague.com//db/player/k/kite_sione/index.php[dead link]
- "Widnes sign Tongan forward Kite". BBC Sport.
- "Tug-of-war over Mason". Sky Sports. 5 August 2008. Retrieved 6 August 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 May 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2012.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)