John DeLancey Ferguson
|Born||November 13, 1888|
Scottsville, New York
|Died||August 13, 1966 (aged 78)|
John DeLancey Ferguson (November 13, 1888 – August 13, 1966) was a writer and academic.
Ferguson was born at Scottsville, New York in 1888.
He began his teaching career at Heidelberg College in 1914. He also taught at Ohio Wesleyan University, Case Western Reserve University and Brooklyn College. Ferguson was a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of Scotland, a member of the Modern Language Association, and was awarded a Guggenheim Fellowship.
- The Relations of the State to Religion in New York and New Jersey during the Colonial Period. New Brunswick: Rutgers College, 1912.
- American literature in Spain. New York: Columbia University Press, 1916.
- Selected Poems of Robert Burns. New York: Macmillan, 1926.
- The Letters of Robert Burns. Vol. 1. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1931
- Some aspects of the Burns legend (1932)
- Men and Moments: A Book of Living Narratives. New York: Knight, 1938
- Theme and Variation in the Short Story. New York: The Cordon Company, 1938
- Pride and passion: Robert Burns, 1759-1796. New York: Oxford University Press, 1939
- with Robert Tyson Fitzhugh, Robert Burns, His Associates and Contemporaries. Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 1943.
- Mark Twain, man and legend (1943)
- The Merry Muses of Caledonia. with James Barke and Sydney Goodsir Smith. New York: Putnam, 1959.
- The Poems of Robert Burns. Glasgow: The University Press, 1965
- "John Simon Guggenheim Foundation | DeLancey Ferguson". Retrieved 2020-04-27.
- "John DeLancey Ferguson (1888-1966): An Appreciation By Corey Andrews". www.electricscotland.com. Retrieved 2020-04-27.
- "Hon. mem. 1956-62". irvineburnsclub.org. Retrieved 2020-04-27.
- Barke, James (20 July 1946). "Robert Burns: The 150th Anniversary of his Death". The Scotsman.
- Thornton, Robert D (1967). "Professor John DeLancey Ferguson". Burns Chronicle.
- Ferguson, J. De Lancey (1966). American literature in Spain. New York: AMS Press. OCLC 354490.
- Burns, Robert; Ferguson, J. De Lancey (1931). The letters of Robert Burns. Oxford: Clarendon Press. OCLC 263564.
- Ferguson, J. De Lancey (1964). Pride and passion: Robert Burns, 1759-1796. New York: Russell & Russell. OCLC 1088803.
- Ferguson, J. De Lancey (1966). Mark Twain, man and legend. New York: Russell & Russell. ISBN 978-0-8462-0744-3. OCLC 1486482.
- Ferguson, John DeLancey (1971). Mark Twain: Man and Legend. Russell & Russell.