This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Position:||Defensive Backs Coach, Passing Game Coordinator|
|Born:||January 13, 1983|
|College:||Eastern New Mexico|
|As a coach:|
Playing career and early coaching career
Howard played linebacker for Eastern New Mexico from 2001-2004 and was a 4-time Academic All-Lone Star Conference member. Howard earned 1st Team All-Lone Star Conference honors as a linebacker (LB) in 2003-2004  while capping his career by being named a 2004 AFCA Division II All-American and graduating cum laude with a degree in biology and chemistry. Howard had his jersey retired by Eastern New Mexico in 2006 and entered ENMU Hall of Honor in 2011.
Howard transitioned from his on-field playing days to coaching at Odessa Permian High School in Odessa, Texas. Howard was on staff from 2007–2010, during which he assisted the defensive backs and LBs before becoming the defensive coordinator in 2009–2010. Howard was on the Texas Tech staff from 2011–2012, he started in the summer of 2011 as an offensive assistant working with the offensive line position then moving to the defensive side of the ball to serve in the defensive quality control role for the 2011 season and coaching the safety position in 2012.
NFL coaching career
Howard joined the Minnesota Vikings for the 2013 NFL season as assistant to the head coach, Brad Childress. In 2014 he was promoted to defensive assistant and continued at the defensive assistant-linebackser in 2015 and assistant defensive backs in for the 2019 season.
On January 29, 2020, the Cleveland Browns announced that Howard would be joining their team under Head Coach Kevin Stefanski as the team's defensive backs coach and pass game coordinator. Howard missed the team's wild card playoff game against the Pittsburgh Steelers on January 10, 2021, due to COVID-19 protocols.
- "Browns to Hire Jeff Howard as Defensive Backs Coach, Passing Game Coordinator". Maven. Retrieved March 19, 2020.
- "Lone Star Conference Football - Eastern New Mexico". static.lonestarconference.org. Retrieved March 19, 2020.
- "Jeff Howard (2011) - Hall of Honors". Eastern New Mexico University Athletics. Retrieved March 19, 2020.
- "Cleveland Browns". www.clevelandbrowns.com. Retrieved March 19, 2020.
- "Jeff Howard named Cleveland Browns' pass game coordinator/defensive backs coach". WKYC. Retrieved March 19, 2020.
- "Vikings Announce 2019 Coaching Staff". Vikings Territory. February 10, 2019. Retrieved March 19, 2020.
- "Browns Name Jeff Howard Pass Game Coordinator/DB's Coach". theOBR.com. Retrieved May 19, 2020.
- "Browns to Hire Jeff Howard as Defensive Backs Coach, Passing Game Coordinator". SI.com. Retrieved May 19, 2020.
- Smith, Pete (January 8, 2021). "Browns Finally Practice, 7 Players Listed as Questionable, Including 3 All-Pros". SI.com. Retrieved March 5, 2021.