Janet Vestal Kelly
|Secretary of the Commonwealth of Virginia|
January 24, 2010 – January 17, 2014
|Preceded by||Katherine Hanley|
|Succeeded by||Levar Stoney|
Janet Elizabeth Vestal
February 16, 1976
Alamance, North Carolina
|Spouse(s)||Robert Keith Polarek|
Ryan Patrick Kelly
|Alma mater||Liberty University (B.A.)|
Janet Vestal Kelly (born February 16, 1976) is a former Secretary of the Commonwealth of Virginia, serving from 2010 through 2014 as part of the cabinet of Governor Bob McDonnell. She previously served as Chief Operations Officer of McDonnell's gubernatorial campaign and on his staff in the Attorney General's office. During McDonnell's federal corruption trial, Kelly served as a key witness for the defense.
Kelly currently serves as Principal & Director of Government Relations for America's Kids Belong, as well as President of Virginia's Kids Belong, organizations devoted to uniting government, faith-based, creative, and business sectors to end the foster care & adoption crisis in the US.
- Profile, nbc12.com; accessed January 4, 2017.
- "Bob McDonnell's cabinet". 30 January 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2017 – via washingtonpost.com.
- "Governor-elect McDonnell announces transition staff". Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- Weisman, Jonathan; Maguire, Ken (18 August 2014). "Aide Describes Staff Revolt Against Former Virginia Governor's Wife". Retrieved 28 June 2017 – via NYTimes.com.
- Alter, Charlotte. "Why a 'Blame the Woman' Defense Works So Well for Troubled Politicians". Time. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- "Virginia's Kids Belong | Every Child Needs a Loving Home". vakidsbelong.org. Retrieved 2018-10-17.