J.N. Bhatt (born 16 October 1945) is an Indian Judge, educationist and former Chief Justice of Patna High Court.
Bhatt was enrolled as an Advocate on 1 August 1968 and worked as Government Pleader at Jamnagar since 1976. He also served as Special Prosecutor and Legal Advisor of Municipal Corporations, Nationalized Banks and in various matter of Armed Forces, Civil, Constitutional and Labour Cases. Bhatt acquired M.Com. LL.M. degree with Gold Medal and Ph.D. in Law. In 1977 he passed Judicial service and became the youngest District Judge of the state. He served as Registrar of Gujarat High Court and was appointed as Law Secretary and Remembrancer of the Gujarat State Government. On 21 August 1990 he became the Judge of the Gujarat High Court. Bhatt represented Government of India to the International Law Association Conference, at Warsaw. He became President of the Gujarat State Judicial Academy since May 2002. Bhatt became the Chief Justice of Patna High Court on 18 July 2005 and become First Chancellor of Chanakya National Law University. After the retirement on 16 October 2007 Justice Bhatt was appointed as Chairman, Law Commission of Gujarat and Chairperson, Gujarat State Human Rights Commission also.
- "LIST OF RETIRED CHIEF JUSTICE". Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "Hon'ble Mr. Justice J. N. Bhatt". gujarathighcourt.nic.in. Retrieved 1 March 2019.
- "Gujarat State Law Commission headless since 2011". Business Standard. Press Trust of India. 29 January 2013. Retrieved 7 June 2019.
- "Gujarat State Law Commission headless since 2011". Retrieved 8 March 2019.
- "KEY SPEAKERS". Retrieved 1 March 2019.