|Current season, competition or edition:|
2021 Italian Basketball Cup
|AX Armani Exchange Milano|
|Most titles||Virtus Bologna|
|Lega Basket Serie A (LBA)|
Italian Basketball Supercup
Italian Legadue Cup
|Official website||LBA Final Eight|
The Italian Basketball Cup (Italian: Coppa Italiana di Pallacanestro), or Coppa Italia, is an annual professional basketball competition between pro clubs from the Italian Basketball League (LBA). It is Italy's first-tier cup competition, and is not to be confused with Italy's second-tier cup competition, the Italian Legadue Cup.
History and format
The first edition of the Italian Cup championship took place in 1968, and was won by Partenope Napoli. Between 1975 and 1983, the cup competition was not held, but it has been held regularly every year from 1984 onward. The formula of the competition has changed over the years. Beginning in 1990, after an elimination phase and subsequent knockout rounds, the tournament ends in a final four format. From 2000 onward, the ranked 8 teams compete for the trophy in a Final Eight format which consists of the quarter-finals, semifinals and the final over 3 days.
Finally, the winner of the Italian Cup championship then has the right to face the winner of the Italian League championship in a single final game to determine the winner the Italian Supercup championship.
Source: LBA Final Eight
Performance by club
|1.||Virtus Bologna||8||6||1973–74, 1983–84, 1988–89, 1989–90, 1996–97, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2001–02|
|2.||Treviso||8||2||1992–93, 1993–94, 1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2006–07|
|3.||Olimpia Milano||7||2||1971–72, 1985–86, 1986–87, 1995–96, 2015–16, 2016–17, 2020–21|
|4.||Varese||4||5||1968–69, 1969–70, 1970–71, 1972–73|
|5.||Mens Sana 1871||3||1||2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11, 2011–12 (revoked), 2012–13 (revoked)|
|6.||Victoria Libertas||2||4||1984–85, 1991–92|
|7.||Dinamo Sassari||2||1||2013–14, 2014–15|
|23.||New Basket Brindisi||0||1|
- Italian Basketball Federation
- Italian Basketball League
- Italian Basketball Supercup
- Italian Basketball All Star Game
- Serie A2 Basket
- Italian LNP Cup
- "Ad Eurosport il pacchetto PAY di Serie A, Supercoppa e Coppa Italia. Il GM di Discovery: Gran colpo" [Eurosport has pay TV rights for Serie A, Supercoppa and Coppa Italia. GM of Discovery Channel: Great hit]. Sportando.com (in Italian). 12 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- Following an investigation for accounting and fiscal fraud, the Italian Basketball Federation revoked all the domestic titles won by the club during the 2011–12 and 2012–13 seasons.
- Italian League Site (in Italian)