Isabella Amaryllis Charlotte Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe
3 March 1980
Calthorpe was born on 3 March 1980 in Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester. She is the daughter of John Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe and Lady Mary-Gaye Georgiana Lorna Curzon. Her paternal grandfather is Sir Richard Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe, 2nd Baronet and her maternal grandfather is Edward Curzon, 6th Earl Howe. She was named Isabella Amaryllis Charlotte and came to be known by intimates as Bellie.
She has two full siblings (elder sister Georgiana, an artist, and younger brother Jacobi), and four half-siblings: two from her father's second marriage, including actress Gabriella Calthorpe; one from her mother's first marriage; and one from her mother's third marriage, the actress Cressida Bonas.
After attending the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art from 2003 to 2005, she became a stage actress. She has also appeared in films Stage Beauty and How to Lose Friends & Alienate People, and the television series Harley Street and Trinity.
|2004||Stage Beauty||Lady Jane Bellamy|
|2006||The Inspector Lynley Mysteries||Emily Proctor||Episode: Chinese Walls|
|2008||Harley Street||Miranda Cost||episodes 1 and 2|
|2008||How to Lose Friends & Alienate People||Anna|
|2009||Trinity||Rosalind Gaudain||8 episodes|
|2009||The Prisoner||765 - Wonkers||2 episodes, "Episode 1: Arrival" and "Episode 2: Harmony"|
|2010||13Hrs||Sarah Tyler||(released as "Night Wolf" in the USA)|
|2011||Blooded||Liv Scott||feature directed by Ed Boase|
On 6 March 2013, she married Sam Branson, filmmaker, former model, and son of business tycoon Sir Richard Branson. The couple married at his father's private safari lodge near Kruger National Park, with guests including Princess Beatrice of York and Princess Eugenie of York.
On 9 September 2014, it was announced on the Virgin website that the couple were expecting their first child, who was born early the next year. They had their second child, a son named Bluey Rafe Richard Branson, on 18 January 2017.
- The Times 1980 March 5, p. 30
- Telegraph. "What it's like when Richard Branson is your dad: 'Sometimes we wish dad would let us lie on the sofa.'" 2016 March 27. Peter Stanford. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- Hello! "Sam Branson welcomes baby son: find out his unusual name." 2017 January 5. Sharnaz Shahid. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "The Tatler List". Tatler. Archived from the original on 5 February 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- I.M.D.B. - Isabella Calthorpe - Biography
- "Heiress Isabella in the spotlight following Wills break-up". Hellomagazine.com. 27 April 2007. Retrieved 11 January 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- 'Branson heir marries model who turned down Prince William', The Times, 7 March 2013, No. 70826, p. 5
- Richard blog. "Sam and Bellie’s baby girl." 2015 February 26. Richard Branson. Virgin. Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- Richard blog. "Introducing baby Bluey Branson." 2017 January 20. Richard Branson. Virgin. Retrieved 29 May 2017.