|Owner||School of Advanced Study, University of London|
|Address||Senate House, Malet Street|
The Institute of Classical Studies is a research institution associated with the University of London and a member of the School of Advanced Study. The Institute is a national and international research Institute in the languages, literature, history, art, archaeology and philosophy of the ancient Greek and Roman worlds. The Institute was founded in 1953 by the Senate of the University of London as a partnership between the University and the Hellenic and Roman Societies.
The institute produces the Bulletin of the Institute of Classical Studies (BICS), an academic journal published by Oxford University Press, and a monographic series of BICS Supplements. BICS is indexed by L'Année philologique.
List of directors
- Eric Gardner Turner (1953-1963)
- Reginald Pepys Winnington-Ingram (1964 to 1967)
- Eric Handley (1967 to 1984)
- John Barron (1984 to 1991)
- Richard Sorabji (1991 to 1996)
- Geoffrey B. Waywell (1997-2004)
- Chris Carey (Acting, 2004)
- Tim Cornell (2004 to 2006)
- Mike Edwards (2006 to 2011)
- John North (Acting, January 2012 to August 2014)
- Chris Carey (Acting, September 2014 to December 2014)
- Greg Woolf (January 2015 to June 2021)
- Katherine Harloe (taking up post in October 2021) 
- Complete Publications List | Institute of Classical Studies
- See LISTE DES PÉRIODIQUES DÉPOUILLÉS Archived 2013-10-14 at the Wayback Machine (Accessed October 9, 2013) or L’Année philologique | Ancient Greek and Roman Studies | EBSCO (Accessed October 9, 2013)
- Fowler, D.H. (1984). "Eric Gardner Turner (1911–1983): In Memoriam". Historia Mathematica. 11 (2): 126–130. doi:10.1016/S0315-0860(84)80003-8.
- Obituary: Professor R. P. Winnington-Ingram. The Independent, 23 January 1993. Retrieved 3 June 2015.
- "Tribute to Eric Handley". Events. University College London. 27 June 2013. Archived from the original on 27 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "Professor John Barron: classical scholar". The Times. 29 August 2008. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- See the Annual Reports Archived 2015-04-15 at the Wayback Machine from 1996-1997 onward of the School of Advanced Study at the University of London. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- Professor Timothy Cornell - Personal Details. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- See the Annual Reports Archived 2015-04-15 at the Wayback Machine for 2005-2006 and 2010-2011 of the School of Advanced Study at the University of London.
- "Professor John North appointed Acting Director of the Institute of Classical Studies". School of Advanced Study, University of London. 7 December 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- Staff at the Institute of Classical Studies. Retrieved on 2 June 2015.
- School of Advanced Study News, “New director of Institute of Classical Studies appointed” (Wednesday 23 June 2021)
- "Twitter feed of the Institute of Classical Studies". 23 June 2021.
- Institute of Classical Studies Homepage
- Annual Reports, School of Advanced Study, University of London