|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV) |
HDTV (1080p/720p 16:9)
|Sister channels||Aaj Tak, Tez, Aaj Tak HD|
|Launched||7 April 2003|
|Former names||Headlines Today|
|Asianet Digital (India)||Channel 424|
|Siti Cable (India)||Channel 429|
|Airtel Digital TV (India)||Channel 372|
|Reliance Digital TV (India)||Channel 455|
|Sun Direct (India)||Channel 557|
|Tata Sky (India)||Channel 606|
|Videocon d2h (India)||Channel 357|
|Dish TV (India)||Channel 763|
|India Today Live||Watch Live|
India Today (formerly Headlines Today) is a 24-hour English language television network based in Noida, Uttar Pradesh that carries news, current affairs and business programming in India. The channel is owned by TV Today Network Ltd, which is a part of Living Media.
The channel was launched in 2003 as a sister channel of the Hindi Aaj Tak news channel. It is one of the four news channels from the TV Today Network stable, the others being Aaj Tak, Tez and Delhi Aaj Tak. Alok Verma was brought in as the Executive Producer to successfully launch TV Today group's foray into the English news channel category. Media watchers flagged the channel for unethical use of footage in September 2015 and sexist content.
- Rahul Kanwal - News Director
- Rajdeep Sardesai - Consulting Editor
- Gaurav C Sawant - Executive Editor
- Shiv Aroor - Consulting Editor
- Chaiti Narula - Deputy Editor
Fake TRP scandal
In October 2020, India Today named in FIR filed by Mumbai police in Fake TRP Ratings Scandal.
India Today was fined Rupees 5 Lakh, for Viewership Manipulation, by BARC. India Today admitted to being fined for viewership malpractice. Bombay High Court directs TV Today Network to Pay 5 lakh fine imposed by BARC
- "India Today Group". India Today Group. Retrieved 9 October 2010.
- "Alok Verma to head TV Today spl. projects". 8 November 2004.
- "Aaj Tak English channel may launch in 10 days". Indian Television. 24 February 2003. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "TV Today's Delhi Aaj Tak likely to launch mid-May". Indian Television. Archived from the original on 7 February 2016. Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "Unethical use of unrelated videos".
- "India Today's offensive video".
- "India Today named in Fake TRP Scandal- Source- Times Now". Times Now. 10 October 2020. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- "India Today fined 5 lakh rupees- Source- newstracklive". newstracklive. 10 October 2020. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- "India Today fined 5 lakh rupees- Source- India today". India Today. 10 October 2020. Retrieved 10 October 2020.
- "Aaj Tak, India Today win most popular news channels at ITA Awards 2021; Aroon Purie conferred Hall of Fame award". Business Today. 15 February 2021. Retrieved 7 June 2021.
- "TV Today Network wins big at ENBA 2015". Retrieved 3 April 2017.
- "48-award haul for India Today Group at ENBA 2019; includes Best News Channels Hindi and English". MediaBrief. 28 February 2020. Retrieved 7 June 2021.