|In the Palace of the King|
|Directed by||Emmett J. Flynn|
|Written by||June Mathis (adaptation)|
|Based on||In the Palace of the King|
by F. Marion Crawford
|Produced by||Goldwyn Pictures|
|Distributed by||Goldwyn Pictures|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
In the Palace of the King is a 1923 American silent historical romantic drama film based on the novel of the same name by F. Marion Crawford. Directed by Emmett J. Flynn, the film stars Blanche Sweet, Pauline Starke, and Edmund Lowe.
A previous silent version had been made and released in 1915 by the Essanay company and starred Richard Travers and Nell Craig. Prior to the films, the novel was adapted into a Broadway in 1900 starring Viola Allen and her father C. Leslie Allen.
- Blanche Sweet as Dolores Mendoza
- Edmund Lowe as Don John
- Hobart Bosworth as Mendoza
- Pauline Starke as Inez Mendoza
- Sam De Grasse as King Philip II
- William V. Mong as Perez
- Aileen Pringle as Princess Eboli
- Lucien Littlefield as Adonis
- Charles Clary as Gomez
- Harvey Clarke as Alphonso
- Tom Bates as Eudaldo
- H.N. Clugston as Chamberlain
- Charles Gorham as Guard
- Jack Pitcairn as Captain of the Guard
- David Kirby as Guard
- Cammilla Johnson as Little Girl
- Seessel Anne Johnson as Little Girl
- White Munden, Kenneth (1997). The American Film Institute Catalog of Motion Pictures Produced in the United States: Feature Films, 1921-1930. University of California Press. p. 379. ISBN 0-520-20969-9.
- Progressive Silent Film List: In the Palace of the King at silentera.com
- "In the Palace of the King (1915)". silentera.com. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- Bordman, Gerald; Hischak, Thomas S. (2004). The Oxford Companion to American Theatre (3 ed.). Oxford University Press. p. 332. ISBN 0-195-16986-7.
- The Library of Congress American Silent Feature Film Survival Catalog: In the Palace of the King
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to In the Palace of the King (1923 film).|