|Sovereign state||Kingdom of Denmark|
Illorsuit (old spelling: Igdlorssuit) is a former settlement in the Avannaata municipality, in western Greenland. Located on the northeastern shore of Illorsuit Island − northwest of Uummannaq at the mouth of the Uummannaq Fjord − the settlement had 91 inhabitants in 2010. Illorsuit achieved widespread attention when it experienced a severe tsunami on June 17, 2017, due to a magnitude 4.1 earthquake located north of the city. It was abandoned in 2018.
The population of Illorsuit has dropped by 28 percent relative to the 1990 levels, and by nearly 17 percent relative to the 2000 levels, reflecting a general trend in the region.
- Lars Emil Johansen (b. 1946), the second Prime Minister of Greenland
- Rockwell Kent (1882–1971), American artist who spent time in Illorsuit
- "Population in localities January 1.st by locality, age, gender and place of birth 1977–2010". Statistics Greenland. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011. Retrieved September 1, 2010.
- "Booking system". Air Greenland. Archived from the original on April 22, 2010. Retrieved July 6, 2010.
- The Stormy Petrel of American Art