This article is missing information about the history of the subject.(May 2012)
|Illinois's 6th congressional district|
|Area||379 sq mi (980 km2)|
Illinois's 6th congressional district covers parts of Cook, DuPage, Lake, Kane and McHenry counties, as of the 2011 redistricting which followed the 2010 census. All or parts of Algonquin, Barrington, Barrington Hills, Bartlett, Burr Ridge, Carol Stream, Carpentersville, Cary, Clarendon Hills, Crystal Lake, Darien, Deer Park, Downers Grove, Elgin, East Dundee, Forest Lake, Fox River Grove, Gilberts, Glen Ellyn, Hawthorn Woods, Hinsdale, Hoffman Estates, Inverness, Kildeer, Lake Barrington, Lake in the Hills, Lake Zurich, Lakewood, Lisle, Lombard, Long Grove, Naperville, North Barrington, Oak Brook, Oakbrook Terrace, Oakwood Hills, Palatine, Port Barrington, Rolling Meadows, Sleepy Hollow, South Barrington, South Elgin, St. Charles, Tower Lakes, Trout Valley, Warrenville, Wayne, West Chicago, West Dundee, Westmont, Wheaton, Willowbrook and Winfield are included.
|Republican||Peter Roskam (incumbent)||208,555||59.2|
|Republican||Peter Roskam (incumbent)||146,445||46.4|
|Democratic gain from Republican|
|Democratic||Sean Casten (incumbent)||213,777||52.82||-0.75%|
Election results from recent presidential races
|Election results from presidential races|
|2000||President||Bush 53 - 44%|
|2004||President||Bush 53 - 46%|
|2008||President||Obama 51 - 48%|
|2012||President||Romney 53 - 45%|
|2016||President||Clinton 50 - 43%|
|2020||President||Biden 55 - 43%|
List of members representing the district
Historical district boundaries
- Illinois's congressional districts
- Illinois' 6th congressional district election, 2006
- List of United States congressional districts
- "Partisan Voting Index – Districts of the 115th Congress" (PDF). The Cook Political Report. April 7, 2017. Retrieved April 7, 2017.
- Barone, Michael; McCutcheon, Chuck (2013). The Almanac of American Politics 2014. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. pp. 566–567. ISBN 978-0-226-10544-4. Copyright National Journal.
- Nir, David (2016). "Daily Kos Elections' presidential results by congressional district for the 2016 and 2012 elections". Daily Kos.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1989). The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Martis, Kenneth C. (1982). The Historical Atlas of United States Congressional Districts. New York: Macmillan Publishing Company.
- Congressional Biographical Directory of the United States 1774–present