|Il prefetto di ferro|
|Directed by||Pasquale Squitieri|
|Written by||Ugo Pirro|
|Edited by||Ruggero Mastroianni|
|Music by||Ennio Morricone|
Il prefetto di ferro (internationally released as I Am the Law and The Iron Prefect) is a 1977 Italian drama film directed by Pasquale Squitieri. The film tells the story of Cesare Mori, an Italian prefect that before and during the Fascist period was best known as "the Iron Prefect", and it is based on the biographic book with the same name written by Arrigo Petacco. The film shared with In nome del Papa Re the 1978 David di Donatello for Best Film. The film was well-received but also criticized for subtly downplaying Mori's fascism.
- Giuliano Gemma: Cesare Mori
- Claudia Cardinale: Anna Torrisi
- Stefano Satta Flores: Spanò
- Francisco Rabal: Albanese the bandit
- Lina Sastri: Woman of Gangi
- Massimo Mollica: Paterno
- Rik Battaglia: Antonio Capecelatro
- Paul Müller
- Vittorio Duse
- Enzo Fiermonte
Wild East released this on a limited edition R0 NTSC DVD under its English title "I Am the Law" alongside The Day of the Owl, under the title "Mafia", in 2010.
- Tullio Kezich. Un anno al cinema. Il formichiere, 1978.
- "TV: PRESTO IL NUOVO 'PREFETTO DI FERRO'. PROTAGONISTA VINCENT PEREZ". Yahoo! Notizie. 10 June 2011. Retrieved 23 January 2012.