|IF Sundsvall Hockey|
|Colors||Blue, white, yellow|
|1896–1976||Tunadals Skid och Skridskoförening|
|1985–present||IF Sundsvall Hockey|
IF Sundsvall Hockey is a Swedish ice hockey club based in Sundsvall. The club currently competes in Hockeyettan, the third tier of ice hockey in Sweden. Sundsvall plays their home matches at Gärdehov, with a capacity of 2,500.
The club was founded in 1896 as Tunadals Skid och Skridskoförening (Tundal Ski and Skate Club), which was active mainly in ice skating, but also participated in athletics, association football, and orienteering. Participation in ice hockey wouldn't begin until 1952. In 1976, the club was reorganized as Sundsvall/Tunadals IF, which was later given its current name of IF Sundsvall Hockey in 1985.
|HockeyAllsvenskan qualifiers||3rd||4–1–2–3||910||Failed to secure a spot in HockeyAllsvenskan for 2010–11 season, but avoided relegation by replacing IF Björklöven, who were relegated due to financial trouble.|||
|HockeyAllsvenskan qualifiers||5th||4–1–0–5||1,414||Relegated to Division 1|||
|2012–13||Tier 3||Division 1B||1st||23–4–0–1||670|||
|AllEttan North||2nd||10–1–1–2||1,210||Bye to round 3|||
|Playoff to HA qualifiers||Round 3||1–0–0–2||1,456||Lost 1–2 in games vs Piteå HC|||
|2013–14||Tier 3||Division 1 North||2nd||32–3–3–6||546||Bye to round 3|||
|Playoff to HA qualifiers||Round 3||0–0–0–2||2,343||Lost 0–2 in games vs KRIF|||
|2014–15||Tier 3||Hockeyettan North||1st of 11||17–1–2–0||650|||
|Allettan North||1st of 8||2–1–0–11||1,500|||
|HockeyAllsvenskan qualifiers||4th of 6||4–1–1–4||2,047|| Promoted to HockeyAllsvenskan
in conjunction with the SHL's expansion to 14 teams.
|2015–16||Tier 2||HockeyAllsvenskan||14th of 14||8–7–4–33||1,295|||
|HockeyAllsvenskan qualifiers||4th of 6||3–1–2–4||1,134||Relegated to Hockeyettan|||
|2016–17||Tier 3||Hockeyettan North||3rd of 12||16–1–0–5||542|||
|Allettan North||3rd of 10||8–5–1–4||693||Bye to round 2|||
|Playoff to HA qualifiers||Round 2||1–0–0–2||1,050||Lost 1–2 in games vs Vimmerby HC|
In May 2017, the club eliminated its women's side, despite them having just managed to save their place in the top-flight Swedish Women's Hockey League (SDHL) during the qualification playoffs. The organisation cited a need to save money for its third-tier men's side. The club was criticised for the decision, with forward Mathilda Gustafsson stating that "If we were a company instead of an association, you would never shut down a department which only employed women because the cost inhibits the male employees."
- "Sundsvall Hockey". Eliteprospects.com.
- "Historia/Fakta". IF Sundsvall Hockey. Archived from the original on 2016-01-08.
- "Historical database". Swedish Ice Hockey Association.
- "Division 1: 2012–13: Division 1 B". Swedish Ice Hockey Association. Archived from the original on 2013-07-15.
- "Division 1: 2012–13: AllEttan Norra". Swedish Ice Hockey Association. Archived from the original on 2013-07-15.
- "Playoff till Allsv. kval". Swedish Ice Hockey Association.
- "Division 1: 2013–14: Division 1 Norra". Swedish Ice Hockey Association.
- "Division 1: 2013–14: Playoff till Allsv. kval". Swedish Ice Hockey Association.
- Foster, Meredith (May 31, 2017). "Sundsvall out of SDHL". The Ice Garden.