|Headquarters||Hamatechet Street, Hasharon Industrial Park, Kadima, Israel|
|Asaf Bartfeld (Chairman)|
Avshalom Felber (CEO & President)
|Owner||Alpha Partners, Delek|
The company was founded in 1965 by Ukrainian-born engineer Alexander Zarchin. It is headquartered in the Hasharon Industrial Park in Kadima, Israel. Its Chairman is Asaf Bartfeld, while its Chief Executive Officer and President is Avshalom Felber.
In 2013, it agreed to design the Carlsbad desalination plant in Carlsbad, California. It was expected to be completed by 2016, however, due to the continuing drought in California, plant completion was advanced to late 2015, and was eventually finished in December, 2015. Other projects under construction include plants in India, Chile, Venezuela and Mexico.
IDE is jointly owned by Alfa Partners, a private strategic water fund controlled by Avshalom Felber, IDE Executive Chairman, and Amir Lang, former EVP of the Delek Group.
- Company Overview of IDE Technologies Ltd., Bloomberg Business
- "Delek Group: IDE Technologies". Archived from the original on 2015-05-12. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- Vita Bekker, Israelis soak up high cost of desalination, Financial Times, November 28, 2011
- The Associated Press, Israel Solves Water Woes With Desalination, The New York Times, May 30, 2014
- IDE Technologies to help build largest U.S. desalination plant, Reuters, January 3, 2013
- Reuters, Israel's IDE Technologies to help build largest U.S. desalination plant, Haaretz, January 7, 2013
- Carlsbad desalination plant
- Amy Kazmin, Chennai finds solution to water shortages, Financial Times, September 6, 2010
- Yoram Gabison, Israel Chemicals puts desalination unit up for sale: IDE Technologies could fetch up to $1 billion as well as give the company access to Arab markets., Haaretz, November 12, 2014