|Hyderabad Public School|
|Other name||HPS, Begumpet|
|Former name||Jagirdars College|
|Type||Public school (privately funded)|
|Founder||H.E.H. Nizam VII of Hyderabad|
|School district||Hyderabad State Capital|
|Principal||Skand Bali (from August 2017)|
|Enrollment||3200 (PP1 - 12)|
|Campus size||152 acres (89 acres of which allotted by H.E. Lady Viqar-ul-Umara)|
Children are schooled from the pre-primary stage to the 12th standard (ages 3 to 17). The school is affiliated with the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ICSE, ISC) and is managed by the Hyderabad Public School Society and the Board of Governors.
It was established in 1923 as Jagirdars College by the Seventh Nizam of Hyderabad, Mir Osman Ali Khan, and served as a school exclusively for the sons of nawabs, jagirdars and other aristocrats and elites. It was renamed as the Hyderabad Public School in 1951 after the Zamindari system was abolished in 1950.
HPS, Begumpet has widely been recognized as one of the best lower educational institutions in India.
Future 50 Award: The Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet has been ranked as one among the Future 50 schools shaping the success in the Country.
Education Today's India School Merit Awards: The Hyderabad Public School has been ranked third in India and first in the state and city under India's Top 20 Day-cum-Boarding Schools for exemplary contribution to the education field.
India's Best Standalone Senior Secondary School and Best Innovative K-12 School Awards: In 2018, at the GTF Education Summit & Awards conducted by Global Triumph foundation in New Delhi, The Hyderabad Public School was honoured as India's Best Standalone Senior Secondary School and Best Innovative K-12 School.
Great Place to Study by Global League Institute: The school was selected in the list of 'great places to study' by the Global League Institute based on the Student Satisfaction Survey. The honour was awarded by the British House of Commons.
- "Hyderabad Public School, Begumpet". My-Telugu.com. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- Shahzore, Mohammed Najeeb (10 April 2021). "HPS represents a glorious era which surprisingly continues till date". The Siasat Daily. Retrieved 2 July 2021.
- Education World Rankings, Education World, retrieved 5 November 2018
- "Future 50 schools shaping success" (PDF). Cite journal requires
- EducationToday.co. "The Hyderabad Public School". Educationtoday.co. Retrieved 13 August 2018.
- "Awards| Global Triumph Foundation". globaltriumphfoundation.com. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "The Hyderabad Public School Begumpet" (PDF). Forbes India Marquee: 50. February 2018.
- "youandimag You & I Monthly Magazine dated Mon, 2 Jul 18". Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "All for love: When Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella surrendered his Green Card for wife Anu". Firstpost. Archived from the original on 3 November 2017. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- Reporter, B. S. (26 May 2014). "Ashok Gajapathi Raju". Business Standard India. Retrieved 3 July 2021.
- "Hyderabad Public School, where Eagles soar". The Hans India. 5 February 2014.
- "Famous Hyderabad Public School Alumni". Ranker.
- "Hyderabad Public School plans mega anniversary blast". Deccan Chronicle. 19 December 2013. Retrieved 2 July 2021.
- "Hyderabad Public School, notable alumni".
- "The Hyderabad Public School: Institution which produces Nadellas of the world". www.hindustantimes.com/. 6 February 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- Suares, Coreena (1 June 2019). "Hyderabad Public School plans big bash for its students-turned-leaders". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 2 July 2021.
- reddy, gayatri (31 July 2015). "A top legal honour: Oxford, Harvard and now Yale". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 21 May 2019.
- "From classmate to Kiran's deputy". 3 June 2011 – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Satya Nadella: Executive Vice President, Cloud and Enterprise".
- "Shantanu Narayen, President and Chief Executive Officer - Adobe Executive Profiles". www.adobe.com.
- "What do Satya Nadella, Ajay Banga, Syed Akbaruddin have in common? It's the Hyderabad Public School - Mumbai Mirror -". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- IANS (5 February 2014). "Satya Nadella's story to inspire youngsters with humble backgrounds" – via Business Standard.
- https://hpsbegumpet.org.in. Missing or empty
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hyderabad Public School.|