|Hungary at the|
2018 Winter Olympics
|NOC||Hungarian Olympic Committee|
|Competitors||19 in 6 sports|
|Flag bearer||Konrád Nagy|
|Winter Olympics appearances (overview)|
Hungary competed at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea, from 9 to 25 February 2018. With the men's 5000 metre relay victory in short track speed skating, the nation had won its first ever Winter Olympic gold, and first Winter medal since 1980. Hungarian athletes have participated in all Winter Olympic Games.
Shaolin Sándor Liu
|Short track speed skating||Men's 5000 metre relay||22 February|
The following is the list of number of competitors participating at the Games per sport/discipline.
|Short track speed skating||5||5||10|
Hungary qualified four athletes, two male and two female, and one team.
|Athlete||Event||Run 1||Run 2||Total|
|Márton Kékesi||Men's downhill||N/A||1:51.72||53|
|Men's giant slalom||1:16.64||53||1:15.22||40||2:31.86||42|
|Dalibor Šamšal||Men's giant slalom||1:16.09||51||1:16.79||50||2:32.88||44|
|Szonja Hozmann||Women's giant slalom||1:21.77||54||1:17.62||49||2:39.39||49|
|Mariann Mimi Maróty||Women's giant slalom||1:29.74||65||DSQ|
|Athlete||Event||Round of 16||Quarterfinals||Semifinals||Final / BM|
Mariann Mimi Maróty
|Team event|| Switzerland (SUI)
|Did not advance|
Hungary qualified two athletes, one male and one female.
|Ádám Kónya||Men's 15 km freestyle||39:27.2||+5:43.3||89|
|Emőke Szőcs||Women's 10 km freestyle||31:04.6||+6:04.1||77|
|Ádám Kónya||Men's sprint||3:31.84||67||Did not advance|
|Ivett Tóth||Ladies' singles||53.22||23 Q||97.21||23||150.43||23|
|Run 1||Run 2||Best||Rank||Run 1||Run 2||Run 3||Best||Rank|
|Elizabeth Swaney||Women's halfpipe||30.00||31.40||31.40||24||Did not advance|
Short track speed skating
According to the ISU Special Olympic Qualification Rankings, Hungary qualified a full squad of 5 men and 5 women each.
|Csaba Burján||1500 m||2:19.284||5||N/A||Did not advance|
|Viktor Knoch||500 m||1:06.040||4||Did not advance|
|Shaoang Liu||500 m||40.526||1 Q||PEN||Did not advance|
|1000 m||PEN||Did not advance|
|1500 m||2:14.160||3 Q||N/A||PEN||Did not advance|
|Shaolin Sándor Liu||500 m||40.650||1 Q||40.471||2 Q||40.399||3 FB||40.651||5|
|1000 m||1:31.547||1 Q||1:24.012||1 Q||1:26.488||2 FA||PEN||8|
|1500 m||2:12.835||1 Q||N/A||2:45.709||5 AA||2:11.520||5|
Shaolin Sándor Liu
|5000 m relay||N/A||6:34.866||2 FA||6:31.971 OR|
|Sára Bácskai||1500 m||PEN||N/A||Did not advance|
|Petra Jászapáti||500 m||55.641||2 Q||43.043||4||Did not advance|
|1000 m||1:29.838||4||Did not advance|
|1500 m||2:25.022||2 Q||N/A||2:23.210||2 Q||2:26.138||6|
|Andrea Keszler||500 m||43.274||2 Q||43.053||3||Did not advance|
|3000 m relay||N/A||4:09.555||3 FB||4:03.603||4|
Qualification legend: ADV – Advanced due to being impeded by another skater; FA – Qualify to medal round; FB – Qualify to consolation round; AA – Advance to medal round due to being impeded by another skaterround
|Konrád Nagy||Men's 1000 m||1:09.92||21|
|Men's 1500 m||1:49.01||29|
- "Opening Ceremony Flagbearers - Olympic Winter Games, PyeongChang 2018" (PDF). olympic.org. International Olympic Committee (IOC). 9 February 2018. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Alpine Skiing Quota List for Olympic Games 2018". www.data.fis-ski.com/. International Ski Federation (FIS). 25 January 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "Figure Skating Quota places for the XXIII Olympic Winter Games 2018". www.isu.org/. International Skating Union. 4 April 2017. Archived from the original on 23 July 2017. Retrieved 28 July 2017.
- "Magyar Olimpiai Csapat - Phjongcshang 2018" [Hungarian Olympic Team - Pyeongchang 2018] (in Hungarian). Hungarian Olympic Committee. 24 March 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "XXI II Olympic Winter Games 2018 PyeongChang: Qualified quota places Short Track Speed Skating". International Skating Union (ISU). 23 November 2017. Retrieved 24 November 2017.
- "Communication No. 2136: XXIII Olympic Winter Games 2018 PyeongChang Entries Speed Skating". www.isu.org/. International Skating Union (ISU). 20 December 2017. Retrieved 26 December 2017.