|Hugo and Josephine|
|Directed by||Kjell Grede|
|Produced by||Göran Lindgren|
|Written by||Kjell Grede|
Hugo and Josephine
and Hugo by
|Music by||Torbjörn Iwan Lundquist|
Hugo and Josephine (Swedish: Hugo och Josefin) is a Swedish film which was released to cinemas in Sweden on 16 December 1967, written and directed by Kjell Grede. The film is loosely based on three novels by Maria Gripe, and it stars Fredrik Becklén and Marie Öhman in the lead roles, with Beppe Wolgers, Helena Brodin and Inga Landgré in supporting roles. The film won the Guldbagge Award for Best Film at the 5th Guldbagge Awards.
The film is about a girl named Josephine (Marie Öhman), who is the daughter of a priest and lives in the country. She has no friends, but one day she meets Hugo (Fredrik Becklén), who is the nephew of the gardener Gudmarson. Along with him and Gudmarson (Beppe Wolgers), she experiences a fantastic summer.
- Fredrik Becklén as Hugo Andersson
- Marie Öhman as Josephine (Jenny Grå)
- Beppe Wolgers as Gudmarsson, gardener and Hugo's uncle
- Inga Landgré as Josephine's mother
- Helena Brodin as Miss Ingrid Sund, the teacher
- Bellan Roos as Lyra, the lonely old woman on a bicycle
- Karl Carlsson as Karl Carlsson
- Tord Stål as Josephine's father (voice)
- "Hugo och Josefin" (in Swedish). Swedish Film Database. 16 December 1967. Retrieved 7 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Hugo och Josefin (1967)". Swedish Film Institute. 1 March 2014.
- "Hugo och Josefin" (in Swedish). Swedish Film Database. 1967. Retrieved 7 October 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)