This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018)
|Duke of Brabant|
Duke of Lothier
|Died||1 February 1248 (aged 40–41)|
|Spouse(s)||Marie of Hohenstaufen|
Sophie of Thuringia
|Father||Henry I, Duke of Brabant|
|Mother||Mathilde of Flanders|
Family and children
- Henry III, Duke of Brabant (d. 1261)
- Philip, died young
- Matilda of Brabant (1224 – September 29, 1288), married:
- Beatrix (1225 – November 11, 1288), married:
- Maria of Brabant (c. 1226 – January 18, 1256, Donauwörth), married Louis II, Duke of Upper Bavaria. She was beheaded by her husband on suspicion of infidelity.
- Margaret (d. March 14, 1277), Abbess of Valduc Abbey (Hertogendal).
- Henry (1244–1308), created Landgrave of Hesse in 1264.
- Elizabeth (1243 – October 9, 1261), married Albert I, Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg
Henry died in Leuven, aged about 40.
- Baldwin, Philip B. (2014). Pope Gregory X and the Crusades. The Boydell Press.
- Dunbabin, Jean (2011). The French in the Kingdom of Sicily, 1266–1305. Cambridge University Press.
- Nieus, Jean-François (2005). Un pouvoir comtal entre Flandre et France: Saint-Pol, 1000-1300 (in French). De Boeck & Larcier.
- Fried, Johannes; Schieffer, Rudolf, eds. (2008). Deutsches Archiv fur Erforschung des Mittelalters (in German). Bohlau Verlag GmbH & Cie, Koln Weimar Wien.
- Teszelszky, Kees, ed. (2014). A Divided Hungary in Europe: Exchanges, Networks and. 3. Cambridge Scholars Publishing.